PDA

View Full Version : You Gotta Read This!!!!!!!!

Randy75
08-18-2004, 07:06 PM
OK, so I gotta vent a little bit. Last night i get home from work and mow my lawn, skip supper, take a shower, and give my kid a bath. My wife, who has been having problem with her second pregnancy come in and tells me we have to go to the hospital again. She is having more problems. Am already thrilled cause it's 9:30 at night and I've been working basically since 7:00AM. I hurry up and get dressed. While I'm getting ready, I decide to check my email. I've got nine messages which is quite a bit for me. I start looking and the first says ebay listing confirmation. I'm confused since I haven't been selling anything in the past couple of weeks. The listing is for an old Shelby Cobra!!!! I'm really thinking HUH!!!! The next two are questions for the car. The fourth is another listing confirmation. This time is for a 1980 Ferrari 308!!!!!!!!! Now I'm getting scared. So I try to get on my ebay. I type in my password and I get INVALID PASSWORD!!!!!!!! So I try two more times. Same thing. I go to the main page and look for some sort of security page. All this is happening and I know that I have to go to the hospital. I go back to my email and the next one I open says that ebay got a request to change my email. Now I'm really freaked out. I go back to ebay security and find a section to request a new password. I get to change my password section and have to leave. When I get home from the hospital at 12:15AM I start trying again. First I look at my email again. This time I find a email from ebay saying that they found that someone was tampering with my account and that I should change my password. So I do it twice with two different passwords to make sure I was ok. So after everything finally get things straight, it's 12:30AM. Now, at least ebay is on top of things, but HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?!?!?!?! Sorry about the log post. Had to vent.

Matt@RFR
08-18-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm gonna bite my tongue and let someone else read you the riot act for making your wife wait 3 hours to go to the hospital while you f**k with ebay.

Randy75
08-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Matt, She didn't have to wait even one minute. She was getting ready at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!! Besides, where did you get that she had to wait three hours? If you had any idea what we have been through, you wouldn't even have said that!!!

Q ship
08-18-2004, 08:32 PM
Matt, he said he got back from the hospital at 12:15, then did the rest of the ebay stuff.
Randy, most importantly I hope your wife is OK. Sorry to hear about the ebay snafu, the more I hear about what's going on there the less I want to have to do with it. Did you pick a good "strong" password? Keep on top of your account for a while, and good luck.

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-18-2004, 08:33 PM
WELL does anyone have an ebay custumer service number...I looked up and down on the site and none!!!..... I think that almost happen to me it all started by an email I received...but realize it was a fake ...good fake one almost got me ...but it sends you to some ebay.UK website and it asks you to enter your pasword...let me copy and past the email...see if it looks familiar ...I reported the incident and still no response...grrrr!!! cant find the email but it said on the title...TKO bruteforce password tampering notice...it was from ebay *but it was a question from another member*...it look all real except for askin for my atm pin number lol ..and 5 forms of identification to not suspend my account (preferably credit cards) yeah right!!!! ....and today i was making sure i wasnt selling no 1969 the mule with a buy it now for 5K....free shipping world wide lol

Matt@RFR
08-18-2004, 08:59 PM
Whoops! Sorry. You can give me a free :wedgie: if we ever meet.

68LSS1
08-19-2004, 12:57 AM
I'm gonna bite my tongue and let someone else read you the riot act for making your wife wait 3 hours to go to the hospital while you f**k with ebay.

:hah: That's the first thing that came to my mind.

camarorider
08-19-2004, 05:17 AM
There are many ways this could have happened. They can get your information thru these "seems like legit" emails. They have programs which will yank down all the info off webpages like images, text, everything which they load on their servers. Then these emails which look real ask for your info. I am not saying you did this but whenever you get an email like this delete right away. Always log into their site using the https:. This means a secure server connection. Also there are plenty of viruses and spyware which are really nasty.
Make it a point to every month and at least every year to change all passwords and with computers getting very cheap I would also have a seperate computer to surf the web. Keep all important stuff on the other.

KAA
08-19-2004, 08:36 AM
There have been some very good phony emails going around lately. I got one from what I thought was Ebay and very nearly responded to it. They had my user name AND email address. The timing was perfect cause I just got an updated expiration date for my credit card. The email said they tried to automatically charge my card for my seller fee's, which my account is set up for, but the charge was denied. Would I please update my account. I had just sold something too!!! I was actually in the process of entering all my information but they asked for my pin number for my credit card. When I saw that, the red flags went up. Sure enough, it was a bogus email. The internet crooks are getting very good. :machine:

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-19-2004, 03:08 PM
It Looks Just Like Everyone Gets Similar Emails Hmmmm

68RallySport
08-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Rick where in oakland are u? Im up in montclair by piedmont. Im the purple RS cruising the streets, alright it is somewhat blue. Do u have a picture of ur car. Cause i would never forget another first gen in the east bay...
David

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-19-2004, 06:38 PM
I Live off 55th ave....by Mills college....car hasnt hit the streets yet =I but it will soon..... here is my website link ..and here is one picture
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

and here is my link to my website :
http://members.aol.com/GETYOPAPION/69LS1.html

Richz68
08-19-2004, 07:32 PM
This number is seriously almost as tough to get "G.W's" military records.....

408-558-7400 :look:

I have actually thought of selling it on eBay!!! :naughty:

Randy75
08-19-2004, 07:40 PM
who's number is it anyway? I must have missed something. :confused:

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-20-2004, 11:09 AM
ITS THE NUMBER TO EBAY!!!! yAY! lol

them a-holes!!!!...thanks a lot ...you should sell it ...1cent buy it now ....see how much you come up with lol

34X2Camaro
08-21-2004, 12:04 AM
I got an email a few months ago that looked like it was officially from ebay. It said my account was suspended and was going to be canceled within one week. To keep it active I would have to click on a link and enter my password. I knew it had to be bogus and deleted it. Here I am a few months later and my account is still active.