PDA

View Full Version : The older I get the more I hate people....

Samckitt
12-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Some jack@$$ put about 1.5' long scratch in my truck driver's door & estimate to fix is $550. Son of a &^%$#!!!

wiedemab
12-20-2007, 07:24 AM
I wish they would make them help to fix a few dents and scratches. Let'em wear there fingerprints on a piece of sandpaper and then see if they are a little more careful!

I love to hear people say - about dents - "Oh - just pop out the dent and repaint it" Yep, it's that easy. Or "you can just touch that up". Yeah and it'll look like A$$.

Sorry to hear about. That is one of my pet peeves!

Project69
12-20-2007, 07:32 AM
lol i love your title

but yes i hate people to

Black-Jacket
12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
christ im 23 and i hate most people, dont have to be old

Damn True
12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
The more people I meet, the more I like dogs.

class67
12-20-2007, 08:23 AM
I know the feeling, I had the same thing once...frustrating!

trapin
12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I love to hear people say - about dents - "Oh - just pop out the dent and repaint it" Yep, it's that easy. Or "you can just touch that up". Yeah and it'll look like A$$.
Earlier this year I took my truck to a place that does "paintless dent removal". I had about 5 dents in my truck about the size of a quarter and one as big as a softball. When I got the truck back I was amazed. It was like they were never there. I don't know if this is done across the country or if it's just in Michigan, but if you find a good place I highly recommend it. Cheap too. Guy did my whole truck for $100. If I had taken it to a regular body shop they'd have bent me over a fender and corn-holed me I bet.

Damn True
12-20-2007, 09:32 AM
The paintless thing is pretty amazing. It really works provided the paint is still new enough that it retains some elasticity and the dent didn't crack/scratch the paint.

Eric Howell
12-20-2007, 09:47 AM
The more people I meet, the more I like dogs.agreed

wiedemab
12-20-2007, 09:58 AM
My Dad runs a body shop. He has a really good paintless dent rep. that he uses. We've had him do a lot things for us. It's pretty amazing how well they do!

vp23271
12-20-2007, 10:13 AM
How deep is the scratch? Can a good detail shop get it looking presentable?

I had something similar happen to an old truck that I had so I can relate. It's frustrating to say the least!

On another note, the dentless paint guys can do some amazing work. Used them multiple times for my F-150 truck.

Sorry a little off topic:
I have a 68 Camaro project and it's been media blasted, primed and sealed. This exposed all of the little dings from over the years. I figured I could save a little cash by getting a local shop (South Bay Dents) to come out and take the dings out. It would cost me far less to pay him $75 per door panel than a body guy before paint. I had roughly 10-14 dings per door and per rear quarter. The original plan was just to have the finish body work take care of the little dings, but if I can get them out sooner (eye sore) and save money why not? Holy Crap, the dent guy came out and he tried getting the dent out. No Give and he really leaned on these things. His words were "these damn things are just laughing at me". We both knew the gauge of the metal was thicker than todays cars, but the composition of the metal must have something to do with it too. He was able to lessen the dings, but still very visible.

BonzoHansen
12-20-2007, 10:38 AM
Damn true, Damn True.

Samckitt
12-20-2007, 10:46 AM
It is not down to the metal, but you can feel it with your finger. I am going to take it to a couple other places & see what they say. I am also looking for a non-chromed front grill for an 03 silverado so I can have it painted to match.

absintheisfun
12-22-2007, 05:27 AM

This is why I have three of them!

hoosiergta
12-22-2007, 01:53 PM
The more people I meet, the more I like dogs.That could be a country music song .

hoosiergta
12-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Some jack@$$ put about 1.5' long scratch in my truck driver's door & estimate to fix is $550. Son of a &^%$#!!!SORRY to hear . We just retired my wifes 92 astro for a 95 . Its red w/gold factory stripping .It looks like a fire dept. should own it. About three weeks after the purchous someone wiped the left corner down the right side from the rear wheel to the middle of the front door.Wy heart sunk. Then one day I took some charcoal lighter fluid with a rag to it .Well after I got all the rubbed on paint and bumper cover rubber off it was 98% better. Small dent size of half-dollar and a small crease .Then about 2 wks. latter in southern In. my wife got hit in the left side by a deer! It had abunch of deer snot and spit down the left side.when I cleaned it off , not so lucky the three dents were grouped like the holes in a bowling ball .I feel your pain.