PDA

View Full Version : Henrob 2000 users?

harshman
01-19-2005, 04:36 PM
Has anyone bought/used a henrob torch yet? Dropping $2-3k for a tig that I will be using for light fab work seems a bit much. If this thing performs like it says I’m in.

Richz68
01-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I bought one with a few friends of mine this fall and we have all taken turns learning on it and it is all about practice, but it is absolutely worth every penny.

It is not going to replace a mig or tig on heavy/thick stuff, but for body work it is the most versitile tool out there! There will always be doubters...... my older brother is that type of person. He bashed it up and down all day at the swap meet until we seen the demo and the guy let him try it. :hail:

It is worth the money just as a cutter..... it literally cuts like a Plasma and you can actually attach a guide jig to rest it on the piece that you are cutting to make laser like cuts.

Buy it; you won't be sorry!!!

harshman
01-20-2005, 11:29 AM
I guess my thinking is if I want to add to my roll cage or make something out of aluminum or stainless, a mig aint gona work. I need something that welds clean and no sparks like tig without the massive price tag. Thickness up to 1/4" material - after that I’ll use my mig.

Bad Bowtie
01-20-2005, 05:44 PM
I agree with Rich, I bought one recently but haven't got around to welding with it yet but its sure cuts great. I dont think you will be disappointed.

Jim Nilsen
01-23-2005, 03:45 PM
The Henrob is the only welder that can do it all and not need electricity. During a power outage or in the pits it works !

Even if you never really get the hang of using it to it's full potential it will always work if you have gas. It is far cheaper to operate as an O/Acetylene than a standard 2 stage most of us already have. Just in gas savings alone it can pay for itself in a couple of years if you use a torch a lot.

It is the closest thing to welding like a tig without electricity. You use the material you are using for filler making it cost less to weld too.

Goodluck and try to be patient because it is not like conventional welding , Practice on scrap before you attempt to do something you need to depend on.

Jim Nilsen

David Sloan
02-02-2005, 02:34 AM
I got one last year @ the turkey rod run an love it!!
I have not got to use it much lately w/ the new house an shop being built
but i hope to get back to practiceing soon. If you can braze or soilder you can do this.

An it does cut very good too! as good as my plasma w/ about the same amount of slag.

woodman13
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
I bought one(deluxe kit) at Super Chevy Dallas 2003, for like 350-400 and it comes with like 6 tips and all kinds of videos and instructions. I used it for like a week and was very upset because I could not get it to work. I had to dig all the instructions and videos out and read/watch them to get the hang of the methods used. I now like it and find jobs to use it on. very small and light weight and easy to manuver in tight places.

Get extra tips if you plan on using it much(like a complete 68 Camaro build) lol. Went thru a couple when doing the sheet metal work.

Maybe I am too rough on tools when I throw them across my shop?!?