PDA

View Full Version : LT1 intake swap

Olav
12-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Are the LT1 intake worth the work of doing the swap? Have read on the net how to perform this swap. seems to be a easy upgrade. Any here done this or any comments....?

Olav

rocketman
12-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Swap on to what, most the fast LT1 guys, go to single plane or sheetmetal intakes, If your thinking about on SBC I wouldn't a daul plane will work just as well and easier.

Olav
12-15-2007, 03:04 PM
Are the LT1 intake worty the work of doing the swap? Have read on the net how to perform this swap. seems to be a easy upgrade. Any here done this or any comments....?

Olav

I have almost finished a TPI/ Haltec swap into my Camaro will it be better to upgrade to LT1 Intake. The TPI is pretty much limited at 4500-5000rpm's

68Formula
12-15-2007, 03:30 PM
No way to tell, since you have not provided any information on your engine other than displacement, nor mentioned the intended purpose of the car.

Olav
12-16-2007, 01:25 AM
My engine are a 355 about 10,5:1 comp ratio with forged pistons. World heads pocket ported. Edelbrock RPM cam. Haltec ECM and Jaocbs ign. 30lbs inj. And the usual stuff ARP bolts, Crane roller rockers,Summit SS valves, Summit Guide plates and push rods, Crane valve springs+++ I know that the heads are not the best choise but had them from a earlier project.

The TPI as i understand is very restrictive when it comes to power....But it's OK with Turbo or supechargers.

Olav

Firehawkslp
12-18-2007, 12:59 PM
If you will go over to THirdgen .org; you will find a sticky on doing the full top end i.e. heads and intake, under the TPI forum. You can also do a search on just the intake swap. I'm planning the top end rout myself on my daily driver. The heads and intake are vary cheap on ebay.
The advatage of the LT-1 is increased upper RPM power at the loss of some lower end the design is vary close to the mini ram whick cost right at 1k. Torque takes a hit espcially when compared to the TPI(runner lengths in the teens). But you dont hit a brick wall around 5,000rmp( TPI orginally designed for the 305 so if your using it in a 350 plus it.s already a restiction). My daily driver ; a91 Formula firbird ws-6 is 383 powered (pulled the motor due to low oil pressure will change pistons to keep comp. in line, with LT-1 chamber volums) w/700r4 and 3.23's in the Rr, mopar 83/4. Just my 2cents

Olav
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Was from thirdgen i got the tip/ idea to do this swap. Always like to get other comments before I do he work. I feel this wil be a good upgrade from the TPI intake.

Olav