PDA

View Full Version : QA1 Double adjustable shocks

DLinson
01-19-2005, 11:07 AM
QA1 has a new double adjustable coil over. I called Summit and they are about $270 a piece but limited on what's available yet. The catalog has a double adjustable shock equal to every single adjustable shock.

Has anyone heard anything about their performance? The catalog shows the velocity curves for all 24 settings but I wouldn't know what a good curve is anyway.

If anyone has a clue, please let us know.

Thanks,
Dennis Linson

Tony@AirRideTech
01-20-2005, 06:28 AM
Dennis,
We have used the QA-1 shocks for several years and they are an excellent shock. Paying the extra money for the additional knob is purely up to you although if you dont use it... you esentially threw it away. Also nobody will be able to give you settings to hit you on the mark on the first shot. Every car will react different to different valving changes and more so than that... every driver feels the car differently. If you take your time and use it as a tuning tool it can make ALOT of difference...... if you are bolting them on for the "cool" factor.... save your money and get the singles........

quadfather
01-20-2005, 04:37 PM
the added benefit is that you have seperate bump and rebound adj. where the single adj. changes both at the same time. i agree with your first reply ,the qa-1 shock is one of the best in that price range. but unless you take the time to tune them properly you won,t see any benefits.

SS Drifter
01-29-2005, 03:45 PM
Check out the VariShock (http://www.cachassisworks.com/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_submit?FORM_SELECT=C?CAT_LV L=0?CAT=VARISHOCK). I think it's the same thing.

Steve N 69 69 69
01-30-2005, 07:03 AM
One cool thing I was thinking about those double adjust shocks, is that you can tune them for handling, or set them up to react like a 90/10 drag shock, if you ever want to go to the strip. by setting the rebound very soft in front, and compression hard, an visa versa in the rear. you can get a nice weight transfer, for traction. you cant do this with the single adjust shocks, like I have, but either way, QA1's are very nice shocks.
just an idea, for an added benefit.

ProdigyCustoms
01-30-2005, 07:22 AM
Your dead on Steve, that is exactly why we are going double adjustable. Single QA1s are either 50/50 or 80/20 bump / rebound. While 50/50 may be a good all around setting for handling, it sucks on the drag strip. 80/20 or 90/10 front, and 40/60 or 30/70 rear is usually pretty good on the strip.
The only negative thing I can say about double adjust is that most people never tune them. Either because of lack of test time, or they are just incapable, which as was eluded to above, makes them a waste of money.
I have seen many a drag racer adjust and get lost, only to go back to centered 50/50 adjustments.

Steve Chryssos
02-01-2005, 05:05 PM
They work very well. Gave me a little extra tuning capability.