PDA

View Full Version : strengthening my frame????

muthstryker
12-14-2007, 11:45 PM
Hey guys, i know I have asked this a bunch of times and im sorry just not sure what to do, so unsure that i havent touched my car for a whole yr, I had my frame powder coated maybe 2 yrs ago??? that was when i didnt know how cool the 335 tires looked and i didnt know about boxing the frame.

Im wondering if there is anyway to keep my frame powdercoated and still beable to add something to strengthen it up, i would like to run a 600+ hp ls2 one day and if i plan on using my stock frame its going to need to be strong. can i add bars or something?

my other option is going with a schwartz or artmorrison frame. the downfall with the morrison frame is that the floors in my car are very good and it would be a shame to cut them out. im not 100% sure what to do.

muthstryker
12-14-2007, 11:47 PM
I just need to know soon, i have money and its burnin a hole in my pocket, its saying that it wants to get stuff for the car..

MrQuick
12-15-2007, 08:17 PM
What ever you do you are going to have to grind off some of that powder coating. You can touch it up with paint. Might be cost effective to find another frame, sell the one you have and start over.

Northern Goat
12-16-2007, 08:45 AM
What ever you do you are going to have to grind off some of that powder coating. You can touch it up with paint. Might be cost effective to find another frame, sell the one you have and start over.

Yep.

SDMAN
12-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Well, its possible to strengthen the frame significantly with an 8 or 10 point cage. The frame mounts for the cage could be made to bolt on to the frame (definitely NOT NHRA legal), but the results would be a stronger frame. I went the Art Morrison route and we are putting a 12 point in it as well. Im also working on a GTO.