PDA

View Full Version : SS exhaust tubing source?

wendell
01-18-2005, 08:23 AM
I'm looking to fab a 3inch SS exhaust system. I'm pretty confident that I can tig it together but I need a source for the materials. Does anyone have a source and or a list of the materials (tubes, bends, flanges...)that they used for a fist gen F-body. Any advise would be apriciated.
Jensen

68protouring454
01-18-2005, 11:13 AM
wendell check out
www.burnsstainless.com
they have great prices, and evenbetter quality , with some real nice flanges, fittings etc
as far as a parts list i have no idea but i would like to know how many u bends etc i need to do my 68 camaro also, goodluck
]jake

wendell
01-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Thanks Jake.
Seems like a good source. Any one o0ut there with a rough estimate for materials?

68protouring454
01-18-2005, 01:47 PM
wendell, i was talking with matt, at rfr, and he said usually around 600-800 to do it front to back, plus mufflers and whatever you want to do for flanges and they have some real nice ones for 80 bucks a piece, that drives the price up more, he also said to buy something like 3-4 ubends, then how ever many feet of straight pipe you need, goodluck, keep me posted if you find anything else out
jake

wendell
01-19-2005, 06:48 AM
Thanks Jake, thats just what I needed.
A few more questions;
How much hp and/or displacement will a 2.5inch system support?
What is the cool way to attach muflers in a system?

Any input is welcomed, thanks for your time,
Jensen

wendell
01-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Just wents back to the Burns site and found the coolest way to attach muflers. Little pricy. Are the Tclamp bands the second coolest way to attach muflers?