PDA

View Full Version : Northeast Gearheads - Which events do you attend?

rob07002
01-18-2005, 06:38 AM
I have to admit I'm not much for car shows. But I wanted to know which events my fellow Noreasters attend, would like to attend, and must goto. I want to try and hit a few within reasonable distance this year, and would love to see some you at these places....

Salt Racer
01-18-2005, 07:04 AM
Check Norm's post in this thread (https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3209)

Norm and Steevo are the only Northeast members that I'm aware of who are actively auto-x'ing/tracking old cars right now.

Howard Tanner (Novacane) runs his C5 at Watkins Glen.

paulk68
01-18-2005, 01:51 PM
I really like the Ocean City cruise in maryland each May and October. Guys cruise there cars up and down the strip all night long. Lots of great stuff. it is a thursday - sunday show really good time.
Paul

Salt Racer
01-18-2005, 03:59 PM
Wait, is he asking about show/cruise events? Then this thread is in the wrong section.

Ralph LoGrasso
01-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Rob,

I go to the big swap meet that Englishtown holds a few times. I think it's in August? It's good fun. I haven't made it there in a couple of years, though. I was going to attend the mopar nats that were held at englishtown last year (or maybe the year prior) but the person I was supposed to go with couldn't attend. BTW, I moved the thread to non-racing events, but if you were talking about track events, let me know and I'll move it back.

rob07002
01-19-2005, 08:01 AM
Thanks Ralph, I was talking about events in general, racing, carshows, cruises..etc It doesn't matter to me where you put the thread. The E-town swap meet is twice a year, in late April, and again in late September... I just bought a house about 10 minutes away from Raceway park, and will definatly be there for the spring meet. Let me know if you want to go.... You even have a place to crash if you want....Beer is on me...

69bigblock
01-19-2005, 03:41 PM
There really isn't much going on in my area. I usually go to the
NewEngland summer nationals in Mass, but this year I would like to go super-chevy either in PA or NH...
A couple times a year I go up to lebanon valley NY.

TPI Monte SS
01-19-2005, 04:07 PM
I'm going to try for Super Chevy in Maple Grove PA this year, since my car is complete. I also attend the swap meet down in E-town every April, and have my car out in the show. Last fall the wicked 'Cuda that was featured in PHR was there; the one with the twin-turbo'd Viper V10.

There are also some big cruise nights here in Jersey. The one I usually hit is the Whiskey Cafe Cruise Night right off Rt. 3 in Lyndhurst. It's on Saturday nights.

Ralph LoGrasso
01-19-2005, 06:26 PM
Rob,

I'm up for E-town in April,, should be a fun event. Now I just need to remember in April that it's coming up. I'll try to post something on here in the beginning of April so that we can meet up, maybe Steve ^ will be up for meeting up as well.

qwik1320
01-19-2005, 06:40 PM
I usually go to Maple Grove for Super Chevy, and Carlisle once or twice a year.

Is there a way we can post these events on the calendar here? Maybe we could add our names to the ones we'd be attending?

Ralph LoGrasso
01-19-2005, 07:04 PM
Todd, you should be able to add events to the calender? When we set up the board, we set it up so that everyone could add events. Please let me know if it is not working, and I'll find out why.

qwik1320
01-19-2005, 07:13 PM
OK Ralph, thanks. I haven't looked at the calendar that often yet, as I get some schedules to some events here in PA I'll put them on. Right now I'm playing in the snow...FINALLY!

nitrovette
01-20-2005, 03:55 AM
Ive been going to englishtown meets for 22 years now,remember when it was all gravel on airport side.I wish we had more cruise spots in south jersey,we have one in turnersville at the fuddruckers every friday night,but thats about it.

RobM
01-20-2005, 08:04 PM
i go to limerock every memorial day weekend, as well as watch many of their track days. they have a ferrari track day ever year wich is very nice to watch. i also work on a formula car that races there every once and while

JV69z/28
01-20-2005, 08:13 PM
If we're not talking about Pro-touring events there is plenty going on in the north east. How far do you want to drive?
Englishtown swap meets - April and September
Goodguys Hersey Pa (new event) 3rd weekend in May
Street Rod Nationals East in York Pa 1st weekend in June 5k+ pre49
GM Nats Father's day weekend in Carlisle Pa which includes the camaro nats
Super Chevy Maple Grove Pa about 3rd weekend in July
Goodguys East Coast Nats Rhinebeck NY middle of Sept
As far as big cruise nights in New Jesey go
Freehold - last thursday of the month May - Oct 300 to maybe 500
Great Adventure Outlets in Jackson - last Friday of the month 500 to 700 or bigger
You can also do a google search - New Jesey Car Shows and click on the 57 chevy one that lists all the cruise night and local show dates - will keep you busy
Hope this helps - Jack

nitrovette
01-21-2005, 03:59 AM
Hey thanks for the great adventure outlets one in jackson,my wife shops there all the time,didnt know they had a friday show.

TPI Monte SS
01-21-2005, 06:08 AM
The site that Jack metioned is www.njcarshow.com - lists most cruise nights and carshows for the season.

Ralph and all, we should meet up at the Spring Englishtown Swapmeet - it's April 15, 16, and 17. Our category of cars would show on Saturday the 16th. If we contact them ahead of time, we could probably put all of our cars together as the "ProTouring Club" or something to that effect. They usually allow club members to park together if they have enough notice.

sunkistcamaro
01-21-2005, 06:16 AM
I go to The New England Summer Nationals on July 4th weekend and try to make it to Limerock as as may times as I can.

http://www.summernationals.com/index2.html

Ralph LoGrasso
01-21-2005, 03:36 PM
The site that Jack metioned is www.njcarshow.com - lists most cruise nights and carshows for the season.

Ralph and all, we should meet up at the Spring Englishtown Swapmeet - it's April 15, 16, and 17. Our category of cars would show on Saturday the 16th. If we contact them ahead of time, we could probably put all of our cars together as the "ProTouring Club" or something to that effect. They usually allow club members to park together if they have enough notice.

Meeting up at the show, and parking together on the 16th sounds great. I'll try and remember, but if not, someone please post a reminder in the beginning of April. My car won't be done until the end of summer / beginning of fall, so I'll be cruising my Tahoe. It's as far as you can get from pro-touring as of right now, but hey, it's got 12" wide tires? Maybe they'll let me park in the group anyways. J/K :lmao:

nitrovette
01-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Id like to meet up also,the vette wont be done till after april but id like to still meet up.

CAMAROBOY69
01-23-2005, 11:32 AM
I would say if you are going to attend anything at least try to get to WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE in Detroit, Michigan. There really is nothing else that compares at all. If you have ever been there then you know what im talking about. Its sorta Northeast.

rob07002
01-24-2005, 07:17 AM
Meeting up would be great... Lets make it happen. Nitrovette, I sure do remember the dirt by the airport. Spent many days in the mud at past swapmeets. Thanks for everyoners input, definatly some good events I need to go to.... The point of this post was to see if I was missing out on some of the bigger events out there. I guess the biggest one in this area would the Carlile, and Super Chevy at Maple grove.... I always see/hear about the huge shows/events on all the tv shows and mags, and wondered if there was something equal here.

kman67rsss
01-24-2005, 01:45 PM
i live in NH, and attend super chevy every year for the past 8 years or so. this past year was my 1st time at the summernats, but im gonna miss it this year due to vacation conflictions. both are a pretty good time

J68Bird
01-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Add me to the list of Northeast Gearheads. I've been going to Englishtown alotta years. Jackson Outlets is a pretty cool show, very informal. Just show up and park. There's another small show at the FlyingW airport (near Medford) and until last year they were letting the cars use the runway for 1/8 mile timed runs. For some reason the State Police put a stop to it.
I haven't seen too much in the way of ProTouring cars around here yet, but I'm hoping that will soon be changing. My own car won't be done this year as I keep getting more ideas from you guys for things I have to do. It started with the bigger brakes and wheels, now I'm into a mini tub and Corvette IRS and air ride suspension.
But then, that's it. I'm done.<g>
I'd like to meet up with other builders at the shows.

J. Clear
68 Firebird Conv.
455/4spd (under construction)

airrj1
01-26-2005, 05:25 AM
The Northern Chevelle Gathering (http://www.angelfire.com/folk/canam/page35.html) is the show that I always go to.

Ok actually it is just a cheap plug for the show that I help run, but it is a good show either way. It is a weekend long event and we commonly get 150 to 175 Chevelles and Beaumonts and El Caminos. And it is 5 minutes for Niagara Falls. :icon996:

Rick Dorion
01-26-2005, 10:14 AM
There's a swap meet at Rhinebeck, NY in the spring and the Goodguys Hotrod show in the fall, same place that are fun. Syracuse Nationals is huge. Other than that, I hit Carlisle for GM in the summer and the NY Auto show for my spring fix at the Javits Center. I kind of drifted away from Spring and Fall Carlisle as the parts have dried up a bit. One vendor said prior 1st gen camaros that would have been parted are now being restored. Haven't made Englishtown yet.