PDA

View Full Version : Yearone's Car Show!!!!!

protouring70
01-17-2005, 05:08 PM
Has everone heard about the Year One Car Show. It is the last weekend in April. They are going to have Drag Racing, Road Atlanta (which is a well known road coarse), and also I heard they rented Lanier National Speedway, which is the local round track. I believe it is going to be the talk for months to come.
I was wanting to know if any of you were going to come. I look forward to meeting some of you!
Brent

:3gears:

WS6
01-17-2005, 05:21 PM
im gonna be heading to braselton bash this year some also hitting the loganville car show. first sat of every month i believe. very large cruise in basically.

are you sure they rented lanier? wonder what they would be planning there if they did, id like to know more for sure.

gen3bu
01-17-2005, 05:59 PM
last i heard is only road atlanta (8:00-5:00) and atlanta drag strip (5:00-whenever)
times may not be acurate, but that is basically it.
they anounced it that way when i was there in october for the commerce challenge.
maybe nineball can add to it i think he has some inside connections

Nine Ball
01-17-2005, 07:24 PM
I will be there, bringing the '69. Year One is also going to host our first LS1TECH drag racing series for 2005 at that event. Its open to all LS1/LT1 based engine powered vehicles. The quickest LS1/LT1s in the country will be attending, expect to see some 7-second cars soon!

Tony

protouring70
01-18-2005, 05:03 AM
Hey just wanted to let you know, Lanier Raceway was just something I heard. so I'm not sure of it. Just wanted to clear that up.
Brent

WS6
01-18-2005, 07:27 PM
cool deal. i always wanted to go to bristol bash but never made it. ill have to see what my schedule looks like, but id like to try and make it up there. its only 25 minutes for me so distance isnt an excuse.

MarkM66
01-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Sounds like neat event. April is pretty early in the year, hope it's not to cold.

My car probably won't be done by then either.

Craigon69
02-01-2005, 05:23 PM
FYI, Lanier Raceway is across the 2 lane road from Road Atlanta. On big events like Petite Lemans, I often park at Lanier Speedway's parking lot and walk over to RoadAtl (especially if I arrive later).