PDA

View Full Version : How bout that OU MU game?

go-fish
12-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Who's happy? O-State fans, WV fans? UGA????
I'm an OU fan so I'm happy. I was just wondering about the implications of this victory.
Oh, and for all you Show Me's, you can get off the bandwagon now. You know you were never a fan before this season. It's amazing how many new fans a team gains when it's #1 for a week.

1in1969
12-01-2007, 09:25 PM
also OU fan, pretty weird how #9 ranked team can be favored against #1 team and then make it happen, OU is playing as well as any team in the country. IMHO Boomer Sooner!!!

uwntsumrtII
12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
I'm an OU fan now. as well as a Pitt fan, hehehe

GO BUCKEYES!!!

go-fish
12-01-2007, 09:57 PM

GO BUCKEYES!!!\

But your stat says you're from MI?????? I bet you are loathed where you live! :) A Buckeye in MI, LOL.

uwntsumrtII
12-01-2007, 10:05 PM
\

But your stat says you're from MI?????? I bet you are loathed where you live! :) A Buckeye in MI, LOL.

AND, i live about 10mins outside of Ann Arbor, hehehehe

Project69
12-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Im a Hawaii Fan til death (born and raised there) but i was cheering the OU.

WS6
12-02-2007, 07:55 AM
We'll know soon if UGA will be in the championship game. What a wild ride this season has been. Just crazy.

bucks69
12-02-2007, 09:06 AM
I am with Trey I thing UGA should be the pick but the way they are talking I think it might be USC AGAIN!!!!! It has been a wild ride to say the least. I am still reeling over UA having the 2 best backs in the SEC (hell the whole country) and couldnt get it done this year.. Arkansas is in the middle of an A.D. and H.C. change and I am not sure what to expect out of our bowl game.

In Closing WOOO PIIIIIIG SOOOIIIIEE!!!!!!

shmoov69
12-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Oh, and for all you Show Me's, you can get off the bandwagon now. You know you were never a fan before this season.
Well, not all Show Me's are jumpers! LOL! Buuuut, you do have to remember that this is the first good season that MU has had for a LONG LONG time!! LOL! They have always been pretty good at basketball, but have SUCKED at football. So, I wouldn't call them wagon jumpers. Just have never had anyone worth a crap to cheer for!:Alchy:
Oh, and why was the #9 team favored? Well, MU has only beat OU ONCE since 1983!! LOL! So, If OU shows up, MU looses!:hand:

WS6
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
well it's LSU and OU for the title game. It's crap thought that UGA got moved back to 5th.

RudeJester.s10
12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Well i for one am happy sort of..being an ou fan since i found football, i wanted ou to win...but doing so meant no big 12 team in national champ game, and that means the sos doesnt do anything for ranks.
btw uga in ncg? why? also mu has been good for a while only this year were they great! did you forget about brad smith?? o only freshman ever to beat ou and he beat them twice!

but BOOMER SOONER!!!
in closing as much as i hate to say it ill answer my own question here (uga why) if ohio state is idle and moves up then uga has to move up also since they were idle. makes me say once again that either all conferences need to play a championship game or...conference champ games shouldnt count towards natnl championships!

01somta
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
well it's LSU and OU for the title game. It's crap thought that UGA got moved back to 5th.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=673438

LateNight72
12-02-2007, 09:04 PM

GO BUCKEYES!!!
Ready to get blown out by an SEC team the 2nd year in a row? :pat:

uwntsumrtII
12-02-2007, 09:45 PM
Ready to get blown out by an SEC team the 2nd year in a row? :pat:

it's gonna be a tough one for sure. :box2:

go-fish
12-03-2007, 08:07 AM
I think just about everyone in the nation (except the BCS idiots) think OSU is undeserving of a title shot. The fact that other teams played 13 games and they played 11 should have some merit. Plus, thier biggest game was MICHIGAN for cryin' out loud!
I was just speaking to a Buckeye this morning and she seemed very content that they got in through the "backdoor". I think even the fans know they are undeserving.
3 reasons they are undeserving,
No conferance championship, weakest schedule of top 10, AND

IllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIl linoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIlli noisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllino isIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinois IllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIl linoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIlli noisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllino isIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinois IllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIl linoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIlli noisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllinoisIllino isIllinoisIllinoisIllinois

scogin918
12-03-2007, 09:18 AM
That's why I can't understand why Georgia fans think they should've been in the title game. They didn't even win their division, much less their conference and they were embarrassed by Tennessee and there is a rule that states that any team that loses to South Carolina at home is automatically eliminated from National Championship contention. I would have to say that Ohio St and LSU are lucky to be in it but that is the way college football has gone this year. Oklahoma and Southen Cal along with Georgia are playing the best ball right now, but they just weren't able to put themselves in the right place at the right time.

RudeJester.s10
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
so i think i figured it out. heres what i see.
Its all about money of course but heres how it breaks down..
tell me one of the biggest rivalry's in college ball is...ohio state vs. michigan...now who do they say will be the next coach of michigan (speculation) thats right...lsu's les miles...so you see...it comes down to this if lsu wins and then les goes to michigan then it intensifies this rivalry and if lsu loses and then les goes to michigan the story of the year will be "redemption, will he make it happen or not"!?"

think about it im not one to brag but i think i figured this one out!

RudeJester.s10
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
oh yeah and BOOMER SOONER!

WS6
12-04-2007, 04:38 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=1144&CID=673438

I miss typoed I meant OSU. Good eye.

Looking back, I think it is right for LSU to be there and be ahead of UGA because LSU did win the conference after all.

Scogin, you're right though. It's not who is playing the best, it's who you beat. UGA is a betetr team than UT but UT beat us. End of story. I just think it's really lame that Hawaii is even ranked this high. They have one of the eaiest schedules of all college teams, and they think they deserve a bowl? No offense to any Hawaii fans, but unless some miracle happens, you're going to get the crap knocked out of you. You don't go up against one of the big SEC schools and walk away unscaved. You may win but you're going to have to fight very hard to do so.

scogin918
12-04-2007, 07:22 AM
WS6 - I don't think Hawaii's defense will be able to stop UGA's run. The longer UGA can stay on the field, the less time you give Brennan and his receivers a chance to work. As for me, I've got to figure out if my coach is headed to Arkansas or not. We'll see later on today.

BADVELLE
12-04-2007, 07:48 AM
I am born and raised in MO, but am a very diehard Cornhusker!! Yet another concern with the BCS this year only allowing 2 teams from the same conference in a BCS bowl, to bad for Mizzou. I am not a fan, but being a fan in the Big 12, they most definitely got the bad end of the stick, just look at the end of the year polls. I would say that the biggest winner in this whole mess would have to be KU, not that they did not have a great year by their past standards, however when you are finally ranked in all but 2 polls behind MU, I would say that you do not deserve the Orange Bowl. HOwever, with that said, it all boils down to money, rankings and the teams ability to bring fans to the game, plain and simple. The best we can ever hope for with this mess would be a plus 1 type championship game, but the bowls will never change, to much tradition and the mighty dollar!

By the way, Ohio State and any other Big 10 team for that matter is to slow to keep up with anyone from the SEC or anyother conference, looks like another blow out/disappointment for Luckeye fans!!!