PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon Forge Rotary Club Auction #1

Bill Howell
11-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Hello everyone. Last year I had a couple auctions on musclerides and we raised a total of $1000 to help fund a Christmas toy drive that my local Rotary Club does for needy children annually. This year our Toy Give Away is December 12th and I will do several "Online Auction Threads" to help raise money for this event.
This is the first one, and it is for http://www.ringbrothers.com/19671970-ford-mustang-billet-show-quality-hood-hinges-p-33163.html

These are the beautiful set of hinges that the Ring Brothers graciously donated for the Lateral-G SEMI dinner and I was lucky enough to win them at Scott's party. I absolutely love these hinges and so wished they would fit my charger, but they don't, and I have no plans at this time to build a mustang. I feel this is a great way to move them, someone that can use them will get a great buy, and the money will go to the Rotary Club, 100%. I will pay the shipping out of my pocket, so the entire winning bid will help buy gifts for the children.
We will have several other "auctions" for this same cause in the next week, so watch for them, also, if any sponsor wants to donate, please let Larry or I know.

With that, let the bidding begin, the opening bid will be $250. As you can see, on the Ring Brothers website, they are $649, plus shipping, so you can see someone can get a real deal here. This auction will end on December 5 so if you want or need these hinges, don't wait around, bid now. I will except PayPal, check or money order for payment at the end of the auction. The high bidder will own these hinges, so bid like you want them.

Thanks guys,

Bill Howell
11-29-2007, 02:08 PM
Just so everyone is clear, this auction ends December 5 at 5pm est. Just bid here in this thread.

wedgehead
11-29-2007, 03:02 PM
I will start the bid @275.00

trapin
11-29-2007, 03:40 PM
Bill you're a great guy...those kids have a true friend down there.

$300

67rsssls
11-29-2007, 04:30 PM
I'll bump the bid to $325.

hotrdblder
11-29-2007, 07:45 PM
350,nice work bill

Steve1968LS2
11-29-2007, 08:26 PM
I will add a box of magazine swag (t-shirts, hats, etc) to the winning bid along with a Dukes of Hazzard "unrated" DVD and whatever else is laying around the office. lol

sunkistcamaro
11-29-2007, 08:45 PM
$375
Great job Bill

Finch
11-30-2007, 02:36 AM
lets go $400

zbugger
11-30-2007, 11:03 AM
You don't accept monopoly money, do you? Damn.... Didn't think so.

Come on, guys!! It goes to a great cause!! Let's keep this ball rolling!!!

Bill Howell
12-01-2007, 08:02 AM
Thanks so much to everyone that has participated thus far, I really appreciate it. We are working on another auction now and will have it up in a day or two.:hail:

Bill Howell
12-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I just got a pm from a fellow member and was asked if he could donate to the fund. He could not use the hinges, but wanted to help. The answer is certainly, any and all donations are appreciated. You can paypal to [email protected] if you like or pm me.

Thanks so much for your generous donation Bill, it is appreciated so much.:twothumbs

Finch
12-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Bill,

How will you close this auction? Will you have a cut off time or some type of extension if a new bid is received etc. I am working in Poland for a few weeks so I want to make sure I dont miss the end due to the time difference.

Thanks,

Brian

Bill Howell
12-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Bill,

How will you close this auction? Will you have a cut off time or some type of extension if a new bid is received etc. I am working in Poland for a few weeks so I want to make sure I dont miss the end due to the time difference.

Thanks,

Brian

See post two Brian, I will end it on the 5th at 5pm est.
You can pm me with a bid if you like and I will copy/paste it in the thread after the cut off. win or lose, I will post all pm bids at the end.:cheers:

Finch
12-03-2007, 10:21 PM
See post two Brian, I will end it on the 5th at 5pm est.
You can pm me with a bid if you like and I will copy/paste it in the thread after the cut off. win or lose, I will post all pm bids at the end.:cheers:

Sorry, Somehow missed the 2nd post. :hand:

Bill Howell
12-05-2007, 10:46 AM
This auction ends today at 5pm est. Just so everyone knows, I do have a bid thru private message that is more than where we are right now. If you want these hinges, be sure to bid what you are willing to pay, either in the thread or pm.

Thanks for all the interest here, thanks to everyone that bid, and watch for another one, later today.

Bill Howell
12-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Congratulations Brian, you are the winner. Let me know where to send them.
Thanks again to everyone that participated.:hail:

Finch
12-05-2007, 11:43 PM
PM sent. Thanks Bill

Steve1968LS2
12-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Congratulations Brian, you are the winner. Let me know where to send them.
Thanks again to everyone that participated.:hail:

I need Brian's shipping info so I can send some random magazine stuff :)

Oh, and t-shirt size.

Also, what was the winning bid?????

Finch
12-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Steve, I sent you an E-mail on the address but Forgot to add T-shirt size of Large.

Thanks,

Bill Howell
12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Thanks Steve, Brian sent you the addy.

Brian was the winning bidder here in the thread and had a backup bid in a pm if anyone else bid. However, since he was the highest bidder after all was say and done, the winning bid was $400. He also added $120 to the final bid for the kids....BRIAN, you the man.

Also, a shout out is in order for two other two members that sent money for this cause, you know who you are, and I really appreciate you.:thankyou: