PDA

View Full Version : Let's see some GOLD!

rwhite_692
11-21-2007, 12:39 PM
In the continuing quest toward a decision on paint color for my 69 Camaro, I am back full circle, to Gold as a color.

My car's factory color was Olympic Gold (which is kind of a greenish/"fools gold" color, that I really don't like much) and it received a repaint later on in it's life, in some unknown gold shade (pic attached, before I tore the car down).

It's since been stripped buck-nekkid, media blasted, etc, up on the rotiss now (or I should say...still)... I'm currently finishing the Qlink install, etc.

I do like golds such as that on Steve Chryssos' 68 as well as the "Aztec gold" that Chrysler corp has used on the plymouth prowler and even on some "special edition" PT cruisers. I am only interested in doing a two-stage (basecoat/clearcoat) process, as I will be painting the car myself at home... I'm not interested in Kandys due to difficulty of repair; this is a street car that I plan to drive hard and keep in the family forever, so repairs are a certain eventuality...
The car will most likely have some form of stripes, in black. Car will be converted to RS w/endura bumper.

So, if you have any pics and hopefully info (color names, codes, etc) on particular gold colors that really "pop", then lets see them!

Thanks.... and Happy Thanksgiving! -Rob

nicks67camaro
11-21-2007, 01:16 PM
You can check out my PT garage i dont know what gold it is as the person who painted it has passed away. I don't think it is a OEM color.