PDA

View Full Version : BRP sub frame questions

Relax428
11-19-2007, 11:20 AM
I have a 68 Firebird with a stock front sub clip and a 428 engine with a TH-400Trans.

I have been researching the forums and it seems that a few of you guys have experience with BRP's handy work. I was considering buying one of their sub-frame packages but some of you have said the rack and pinion unit runs out of travel but the wheels have fully turned because of the position of the rack and the distance from the steering arms. However I do like how they grind down the old welds and reweld the old frame to make it stronger.

So I guess my question is....is the package from BRP worth it or should I just go with my stock frame and upgrade with Global west UCA and LCA with QA-1 coil overs?

Also can I maintain stock ride height with QA-1 single adjustibles?

I live in Oceanside CA so anyone with adivce on local option would be a great help.

MrQuick
11-19-2007, 12:13 PM
Relax, don't do it. The stock suspension can be a great thing coupled with good parts. ATS has a nice package for making the stock frame better. Rack and pinions aren't necessary for better steering with the new technology that is available these days.

Shoot me an email for other options.

[email protected]

Relax428
11-19-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks MrQuick I saw the 69 camaro frame pictures that guys from ATS put up. They were quite impressive. I think I will go with Global West UCA and LCA with the coil over package. GW seems to have good aftermarket pieces.