PDA

View Full Version : G bar and Exhaust

XLexusTech
11-14-2007, 04:41 AM
Hi Just wonering if anyone has a photos of thier exhaust setup while using a G Bar setup.

wiedemab
11-14-2007, 04:57 AM
I know Frank Serafine and the gang at Prodigy ran the AirBar/G-Bar on Project Empty Nest.

They had pics posted on here somewhere of how they did it.

Also, Twist Machine and Jakes Rod Shop did a Camaro with the AirBar and they had some pics of the exhaust.

ProdigyCustoms
11-14-2007, 06:36 AM
Well, because we were mini tub, and becaues we are running 3", and because we are running shockwaves and did not want to heat the air spring, we went OVER the Air bar with custom exhaust plenums we fabed. I have seen tailpipes snaked past the shockwaves, but it looks tight to me. But getting around the coil overs should be no problem.

Here is EmptyNest exhaust plenums for reference, but not pratical unless you want some major fabrication. Ya know, i just realized i do not have any pictures of the exhaust coming through. It does not matter, it is not practical in 90% of situations. but it works killer in this case.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

hotrdblder
11-14-2007, 07:07 AM
as frank says it does get tight about 1 inch off the air spring/shock, however air ride assures that is no problem, i also have seen guys use header wrap on the tail pipes inthe area that goes around the air spring.
vinny has 2-3k miles on his car and no issues as of yet, he drives his car as hard as anyone.

http://picasaweb.google.com/JakeParrott/VinnyAllegrettaS68AirRideCamaro/photo#5105976197275244466

ProdigyCustoms
11-14-2007, 07:35 AM
That is great information Jake

wiedemab
11-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks guys - I knew I hadn't steered him wrong!

dhutton
06-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Here's a shot of my exhaust with a G-Bar and AME subframe. It's 2.5", using a Pypes x-pipe, Magnflow offset mufflers and mandrel bent 90's and J bends over the differential. I also used a Rick's narrowed EFI tank to make it easy on myself. First time doing an exhaust like this. My welding skills are not the best.

Don

darren@ridetech
06-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Looks good! Got a pic of the tail pipe?