PDA

View Full Version : Car Show Observations

barraza
11-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I went to a local car show this past weekend. I'm actually not much of a spit and polish car guy, but my nephew wanted to go and it was for Toys for Tots. The show was an anything and everything type, trucks, bikes, 4x4's , donks, low riders, ricers, and even a funny car. I thought it was going to be boring but it was kind of interesting talking to people from the other side of the automotive universe. My Camaro was the only protouring type vehicle out of about 150 cars. Some random interesting things i never knew: They make 335 tires for bikes. I think my Camaro would fit completely under the tallest 4x4 - it had 49" tires. Some crazy and probably deaf guys stay in their cars during stereo contests - one car had 6000watts and measured over 150db avg. inside during the test!! There was a score for "presentation", the General Lee and Roscoe patrol car duo even brought "Flash".

All in all a good time.

Steve Firebird
11-13-2007, 01:58 PM
I think car show can be a lot of fun if you do not take it to seriously. I enjoy the interaction with different people as well . You just need to have thick skin some times.