PDA

View Full Version : My 69 Camaro Project - updated pics

Rybar
01-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Hey guys, just updated pics of my car, mounted my wheels & tires today. The car still needs to be lowered 2" in the rear and needs weight from the motor to go down in the front.

http://hobbystage.net/camaro/rybar/ or my sig

I also just bought a 2002 LS1-T56 and will be getting it shipped to me in the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted and let me know what you think.

MrQuick
01-15-2005, 05:53 PM
looks great Ry, where did you end up buying the motor? Gotta love that paint,I just hope you don't get eye problems driving it. I wouldn't lower it till the motors in.

Kenova
01-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Gorgeous paint!!! I agree with Vince. Wait untill the car is pretty well finished before you worry about the ride height. It'd be a bugger to lower it and find out it's too low after you get that last bit of weight in it.
Ken
P.S.
I noticed you don't have any snow. Want some?

colt zantop
01-15-2005, 08:36 PM
MAN!!! I love that color.....very nice, keep us updated!!!

sunkistcamaro
01-16-2005, 04:32 AM
I have to agree with everyone... Love the color!!!
Great job!!

grtpmkn
01-16-2005, 05:20 PM
Love the paint and the 18" TT2's! Thanks for sharing.

OT: sunkistcamaro and colt zantop, do you two have any pics on this forum of your Camaros that I could look at? Based on your avatars, I would love to see more. :naughty:

Zedzag
01-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Beautiful car Ryan! I've got to see it in person one day. Good choice on the LS1 as well. Damn I need a 69 camaro :crying:

Rybar
01-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Found my 2002 LS1-T56 from a seller on LS1 tech, I'll post some pics once I get it.

I'm going to be ordering all my install parts for it real soon. S&P motor plates, oil pan & headers, ATS T56 kit, Speartech harness & tune, and a nice cam, shifter and Spec stage III clutch. Hoping for close to 400 rwhp.

Thanks for the compliments on the paint, it was a struggle just to get the bodyshop to paint the Candy Color as it is alot of work and money to do. I have wanted that color for years, and I was never going to change my mind on it.

68BNUT
01-17-2005, 09:24 AM
That thing is definetly some "eye candy"!!

sunkistcamaro
01-17-2005, 09:37 AM
grtpmkn,
I'll try to get some pics up.

Little Bob
01-17-2005, 10:08 AM
I love that color. What base color did you go with? Was it gold or silver?

Rybar
01-17-2005, 10:17 AM
I love that color. What base color did you go with? Was it gold or silver?

Silver Base

Steve1968LS2
01-17-2005, 12:07 PM
VERY nice.. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the color!!

You will be very happy you went with the LS1.. it's worth the effort! :)

Ralph LoGrasso
01-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Car looks great! That paint is amazing!!

justanova
01-17-2005, 06:18 PM
that paint is awesome. car looks great, itll be a killer ride with the ls1.

Poopy
01-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Ok i'll have to admit, that when it comes to cars, red is my least favorite color.....ok I hate red. But the color you've come up with is amazing, I love it! Everything looks mint!

Rybar
01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Hey all thanks for the positive input on the car and the paint. I knew people would like this color, but never knew they would like it this much.

This is all very humbling coming from some guys on this site who have built such great pro-touring rides!! :worship:

This has been a very tough project for me, I almost sold this car about 1.5 years ago, but decided to sell my 4th Gen SC LT1 T/A and pursue this thing. I have been working on it for 6 years now, on a very tight budget. I got a second wind after it was painted, and now its a race to the finish. I hope to have the LS1 installed and running for this summer, and the interior almost complete as well. I'll keep you guys posted as the project moves forward.

Nine Ball
01-18-2005, 06:49 PM
Found my 2002 LS1-T56 from a seller on LS1 tech

Hey! I've heard of that site. :icon996:

The paint job looks great, not many people go with candy paint on musclecars anymore. Should stand out quite nicely when it is completed!

Tony

Craigon69
01-25-2005, 10:11 AM
This has been a very tough project for me, I almost sold this car about 1.5 years ago, but decided to sell my 4th Gen SC LT1 T/A and pursue this thing. I have been working on it for 6 years now, on a very tight budget..

Man can I ever relate to that! Started mine 4/2000 and it's been stalled…that financial thing.. for the last year. Came real close to saying the heck with it several times. Just now coming into a second (or is it third or forth) wind. Seeing other's that are in the same boat helps keep motivation up. It can be depressing seeing other's plowing through one of these project in under a year while yours never seems to make progress! Thanks for the pics… And to echo the other's, that paint is drop dead gorgeous!

Steve68
01-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Man, you don't know how many time I've quit on mine, sometimes not touching it for years, I've owned it since 1987, it's not near as finished as yours. Looks great, I love that color, keep prodding foward soon it'll be done, Steve

Rybar
01-25-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks alot guys,

Tony, your site is awesome. I've found a ton of LS1 info over there that swayed my decision to go with it.

Craig & Steve,

I know 100% what you mean, you start something like this thinking it's all easy and your only going to do so much and spend so much $$$!! Then a new car comes out in a magazine article, and your like left in the dust! Mind keeps changing, as you want better parts etc. And the thing just blows up! You all know it, the SNOWBALL EFFECT!! You see guys building magazine rides in less than year and it's tough to compete. Now this show Overhaulin (which I love) they build a car in 7 days ??!!??

I started this project in 01/1999 in the mean time, I've had a few major hold-ups let's just say. Started my own business, bought a house & fully renovated it, got married, wife started a new job, my dad went through a messy retirement with his ex-partners and my mom's been through cancer twice.

It's amazing what life will throw at you, now were talking about having our first baby, and I can't wait to share this car with my family down the road one day. It's going to be awesome. And I have to thank my wife! She's been behind me 100% blowing all this money we "should" be saving and investing.

Oh well, I love this sh*t, I'm always going to be a gearhead at heart. And I'm leaving my LS1 relatively stock, so I can have room to play later on. Let's just say stroker with AFR's in a few years time.

Nine Ball
01-25-2005, 02:29 PM
I think most of us are guilty of going further than planned. When I purchased my '69 I was just planning on throwing a heads/cam LS1 under the hood without any dress up items, and maybe changing the brakes, wheels, tires. I didn't plan on chroming/polishing/powdercoating everything I could get my hands on until about the middle of the build. Then I went nuts on smoothing the firewall and other stuff I wasn't originally going to do. I figured once I had it tore to pieces in the garage that I'd just go ahead and do things the right way. We all know how that goes!