PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck is the plug for the heater fan?

Lawrence
01-15-2005, 09:28 AM
Im probably just being dumb, but I cant find where the fan power connects on my 68 camaro. It's got the four season AC, and I can see the fan from the inside, but not the outside as it seems to be under the inner wing. Do you have to take the wing off to connect a new power wire? (The wiring was missing for most of the car, just re-wiring it now).

Thanks anyone who can help!

Zefhix
01-15-2005, 10:12 AM
Im probably just being dumb, but I cant find where the fan power connects on my 68 camaro. It's got the four season AC, and I can see the fan from the inside, but not the outside as it seems to be under the inner wing. Do you have to take the wing off to connect a new power wire? (The wiring was missing for most of the car, just re-wiring it now).

Thanks anyone who can help!

I use to have a 67 that was a non-ac and the orange lead (or was it yellow?) to the blower motor was right above the fan itself on the firewall tucked under the passenger fender. Don't know if it helps but that's what I remember. Should have never sold that car....327/4 spd...it was my first real car.... :3gears:

Lawrence
01-15-2005, 10:43 AM
Ah, that explains it. So would you have to take the inner wing off to get at it?

Zefhix
01-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Ah, that explains it. So would you have to take the inner wing off to get at it?

It should be a spade fitting with a weather insulator on it. I would think you would be able to feel it and pull it out but you may want to remove the inner fenderwell and look up from underneath the passenger fender to verify. I might be wrong as mine was a non-ac car but hopefully someone will chime in if I am. :cool: