PDA

View Full Version : 67 Gto project

67GTO
01-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Hi everybody,
I'm new to this forum.I recently got me a 67 Gto without engine/trans but the body is in good condition.I have an 500hp olds 403 lying around. I plan on throwing it in....does anyone know if there are any problems involved in this? If so I'll wait till I get a good 400 or 455....
:confused:
Anyway,I'm very positive about this project also to the fact that there aren't too many 67 pro touring gtos around.
Well,I'll post more info and some pics later....hope to hear some opinions about the engine transplant.
Thanks,
Daniel

Restomod
01-15-2005, 07:31 AM
Welcome,the Olds should be no harder to put in than the Pontiac.You will need to get headers for a 442/Cutlass but other than that it should go smooth.

Milow68
01-15-2005, 08:21 AM
Welcome aboard! Early A-body :3gears:

Brad

Ralph LoGrasso
01-15-2005, 08:45 AM
Welcome to the site, Daniel.

Fawkes
01-15-2005, 09:30 AM
Welcome aboard. Excellent choice, the '67 is one of my favorite years for the Goat.

The only problem that you may have with putting the Olds engine in there may be the mounts. Other than that, it should be a plug and play swap. There is one other problem that you will run in to; Pontiac die-hards, and there are a lot of 'em out there, will give you never ending guff.

Performance parts will be much more difficult/expensive to find for the Olds engine, although that scene is getting better. Like I said, do what works for you, but it is my oppinion (and we all know what those are like) that you'd be better off picking up a 400-455 Pontiac to throw in there. I think I picked my running '73 400 up for $250.

Good luck to you, and keep us posted on your project. Any pics yet?

DarkBuddha
01-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Welcome, welcome. Mmm... '67 GTO :cool: ... I had one of those... had... I always had grand hopes for mine, but eventually let it go, so I'm glad to hear you're gonna make a nice project of yours. Just keep us updated.

68BNUT
01-16-2005, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the site man, Keep us updated on the goat that sounds like an awesome project!!

derekf
01-16-2005, 07:10 PM
Welcome aboard, Daniel. Glad to have you.

David Sloan
01-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Welcome to the site !!
Glad to have you!!! Keep us posted on your project!!!!

Little Bob
01-17-2005, 10:05 AM
It's good to see another GTO project out thier. Go with the 400 and a 455 crank. Hot Rod did a great story on that set-up. Can't wait to see pictures.

zbugger
01-17-2005, 10:18 AM
Welcome!! Besides the power plant, what plans have you got for the goat? I love them cars. They get my blood going. Now that you're here, enjoy the ride..... And lack of money after we give you too many ideas.

67GTO
01-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome and the compliments.
:icon_razz
I'll keep you updated but I didn't start the project yet....I wasn't able to download the pics from my camera,too... :pat:
Well,the car is silver with a red interior....set up for drag racing...I would like to change some suspension parts for a better road handling.....I don't know if the brakes will fit my needs..........I'll see if the engine is installed
:woot:
The car will get new wheels and tires,of course...I can't decide which combination would be the best.....any opinions?.......of course there are much other oppurtunities for the car that can be considered.
I'm open for any opinions on how to do the car so it would be nice if you would give me some ideas.....
thanks,
Daniel