PDA

View Full Version : Drag Race & Autocross Suspension

73ta
11-08-2007, 05:14 PM
I would like to use my car for both types of racing and the suspension is primarily setup to autocross. I have been to the track to drag race recently and straight line traction is my problem. Most F-body guys are using a Cal-tracks setup to aid in rear traction. My question is what would I suffer in the handling area if I installed such a type of device for straight line traction?

6'9"Witha69
11-08-2007, 06:18 PM
The more I play with my car the more I realize that the Slide-a-links do not hinder handling at all when backed out. They work like cal tracs so I say go for it. Set the preload and have fun @ the drags, then loosen up for street/handling fun.

High Plains Mopars
11-09-2007, 09:42 AM
Since I don't use cal-tracs or slide a links, I have no first hand experience to defer to. However, I would think with their mono-leaf set up, your rear spring rate would be altered to such an extent that the overall balance of your spring set up could be compromised. Is that true or do they offer some huge amount of spring rates? If using the links with your handling spring set, how do they impact your wheel rate or do they bind during any movements?