PDA

View Full Version : 73 Nova Swaybars

wheelgunner
11-07-2007, 01:30 AM
Hello. I am new to this forum and I am reading different things about rear sway bars.

I am thinking of purchasing ST Suspension sway bar set Part#52055.

I will also install sub frame connectors.

Stock 73 Nova. Original 350 V8 2bbl. Original Turbo 350 Trans. Rebuilt steering and suspension OEM style bushings. Front swaybar stock < 0.70 inches. No rear sway bar. Added Ralley Rims 14x7. BF Goodrich P215/70R14. Daily driver.

Does anyone have experience with ST Suspension?

Do you recomend installing rear swaybar?

What brand of sub frame connector do you recomend?

I have also purchased a Weiand 177 Powercharger, its been sitting around since I started with the home remodel 4 years ago ( I bought it with the loan for the home remodel ) but that will be installed much later. Like after I finish with the home remodel. Wife wants walls and is tired of looking at 2x4s.

As the car is it's a little squirilly on the freeway, and I would like to correct that.

Thanks for any help.

Dan

cornerblade
11-07-2007, 02:30 AM
Do not go with a rear sway bar. Most of the rear kits are crap. You would be alot better of switching the front to Hotchkis hollw front swat bar. It is a good design, light and makes an amazing difference.
pozziracing.com will tell you why you dont want to use a rear sway bar. I put a hellwig rear bar on mine and it helped nothing, if anything made the car more unpredictable traction wise. Just go with subframe connectors, if you don't believe me I will sell you my Hellwig kit for $50.00 and you can find out for yourself.

recklessnova
11-07-2007, 03:33 AM
you may want to also look into the guldstran mod my cars a 74 and i have done the suspension and i love how it handles im running 550 springs up front with the g mod and the hotckis hollow sway bar and 250 rate speedway springs in the rear no sway bar very perdictable if not a little on the stif side but i think a ton of the stiffness is my kyb shocks
i have the comp eng subframe connectors you can see them from the side but they are extreemley easy to install my friend has the jegster ones on his firebird and they look to be the same as the comp ones i have
josh

cornerblade
11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah take the kybs off and go with bilsteins you'll be way happier, I know I was!

wheelgunner
11-08-2007, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the replies:cool:

I'll purchase the Hotchkiss front swaybar!

wheelgunner
11-08-2007, 05:41 AM
... im running 550 springs up front with the g mod and the hotckis hollow sway bar and 250 rate speedway springs in the rear no sway bar ...

:confused:
What are 550 springs up front?

What is a "g mod"?

What are 250 rate speedway springs rear?

Dan

carguy502
11-09-2007, 09:17 PM
550 refers to the spring rate, meaning it takes 550 pounds to compress the spring 1 inch. The G-mod is the gulstrand modification which involves redrilling the mounting holes for the upper control arm to attain a better camber curve. :ssst:

wheelgunner
11-10-2007, 08:29 AM
550 refers to the spring rate, meaning it takes 550 pounds to compress the spring 1 inch. The G-mod is the gulstrand modification which involves redrilling the mounting holes for the upper control arm to attain a better camber curve. :ssst:

Thanks for the info. I've been reading the G-Mod from Pozzi website. I've read it 3 times and I'll probably read it another 3 times before I can understand it:pat:

What brand do you recomend for the springs? I did a google search for Speedway Springs and all I could find is a dirt track.

Thanks again for the info.

Dan

carguy502
11-10-2007, 09:27 PM
Detroit speed engineering has an excellent selection of springs that will give your Nova a killer stance. Other sources are Eaton/Detroit Springs, Hotchkis, ect. Additionally, just because a company sells mainly dirt track parts does not mean that they cannot get any other parts or that dirt track parts cannot be used on your p/t ride :naughty:.