PDA

View Full Version : 1965 Chevelle front suspension bushings..

cornerblade
11-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Hey all I am about to start ordering parts for my '65 Malibu 4 door. going to do some lowering springs up front probably hotchkis, new shocks and suspension bushings. My question is what bushing does both good handling and a nice ride. I put PST polygraphite bushings in my lowered Nova and it kind of rides harsh but it turns out that may be due to the KYB shocks on it and not the poly bushings. From what I have always heard the Energy suspension bushings are the best...any input on the best companies for bushings and springs? And also if i were going to do air bags instead would I want to use a different bushing (rubber instead?)? This is a car I want to handle well and ride smooth at the same time. I am going to spring for the Bilstein shocks for sure and a Hotchkis sway bar up front. I will probably do the rear springs also. It is a '65 mailbu with a 283..

Rantheman
11-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Well Ruber will give you a lot of flex poly is mostly good depending on which way it articulates other wise it's known for binding. I love the Del-a-lum Bushing very nice and dependable and no binds. But those you can only get for the control arms and rear trailing arms that I know of.