PDA

View Full Version : thunderhill sept.24

spanky the wondermuffin
08-18-2004, 02:52 PM
why it must be feburary as i finally got my motor back from the builder a few days ago.i'm planning on running a nor-cal racing club event(ncracing.org) on the afore mentioned date.i'll run in the novice group,as i'm expecting a few bugs to show up,but would love to compare mine to any others who might be up for it.jon peters-sikora,68 camaro roadster ,fresh motor(worn out driver).

Matt@RFR
08-18-2004, 03:36 PM
I love your handle!

Enlighten me...wtf is a Camaro roadster?

spanky the wondermuffin
08-18-2004, 04:18 PM
well it was a convertible,but it's been a few years since i converted it so i removed the top completely.

JonB69FB
08-18-2004, 08:21 PM
I plan on making an event a Thunderhill sometime in the near future, but the 24th is just too soon for me (not to mention things are extremely busy at work).

Good luck with your day though. Hopefully you get more interest than my Streets of Willow Springs post has so far.

spanky the wondermuffin
08-19-2004, 06:32 AM
i've been trying to get cars to come out and play for a few years now,but no takers.willow springs must be ten hours away,my trailer/tow rig remain untested and i don't won't to get so far from home on it's big test run.t'hill is about 2 hours for me.don't forget there is only a very small handfull of pt cars on the west coast that run,so the pool of potential participants is rather small.post your results and your next track day and i'll do my best to show up.assuming things go well with the new motor.i frankly rate my chaces of a big kablooey at 50-50.not too happy with the build quality.i did pull it about 25 times on the dyno,but let's see what happens once the oil starts sloshing around.

JonB69FB
08-20-2004, 04:15 PM
After SOWS the next date will probably be in early '05, and at Laguna Seca. Some friends and I are trying to organize a get-together at the next SpeedVentures event up there.

It's expensive though, count on $350+ for a single day.

spanky the wondermuffin
08-21-2004, 10:59 AM
i'm not even going to try and make sound at laguna.the hotchkis track day in the spring,maybe?buttonwillow is a fine track if you haven't been yet.

JonB69FB
08-21-2004, 05:52 PM
The Hotchkis day sounds tempting... we'll have to see how things (most notably my work schedule) work out.