PDA

View Full Version : QA1 coilover problems....

firstgenfire
10-31-2007, 09:06 PM
I am trying to bolt up a set of coilovers for the front from QA1 on a 67 firebird coupe. These are just the economy set not the pro ones. For some reason the bracket that the coilover mounts to does not want to fit through the bottom of the lower control arm. In the instructions it asks to place the bracket with the "ears" up or down through the hole. It seems like what they are describing is that the plate needs to be mounted on the bottom of the control arm with the ears either facing up through the shock hole or down towards the ground. Mine seems to only fit if I bolt it directly on top of the shock mount on the control arm. This causes the shock and coil setup to be too long and leave no room to tighten to place the spindle back in. Uh this is hard to describe for some reason but has anyone used these coilovers on one or a camaro?
Thanks
Derek,AZ

79T/Aman
11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
remave the collar that the spring sits on from the shock, but even than you may have to open up the hole a bit to fit the larger shock body through the hole or just undo the lower ball joint and get it in there in place of the old spring

68RS350
11-02-2007, 04:30 AM
You need to open the hole up on the lower control arm. When you buy aftermarket control arms you have to specify coil over or coil spring because they are made a little different and hole on the bottom is a little larger. Try opening it up and that should do the trick.

01somta
11-06-2007, 05:51 PM
I am about to order my DSE UCA, LCA, and a set of either the qa1 front shocks or the qa1 coilover setup, am I going to run into any problems with the DSE tubular LCA with the qa1s? If so can I just cut or grind the bottom hole out bigger on the LCA?