PDA

View Full Version : Need Help.. Cant Decide

WELTERRACER
01-13-2005, 01:05 PM
I wanted a PS-1 ATI procharger for my carberated 84 camaro SBC but they say i cannot use my 750demon DP ... AS IT CANNOT HANDLE BOOST WELL!

So my other option is to buy a VORTEC supercharger with carb inclosure... Which is $500 more than the ATI charger...(plus bulky looking)

Are they full of crap about the carb? Is there someplace i could send it reasonably to have it modified?

I dont see why a standard Holley would be better than the billet Demon carb (doesnt make sense to me)

CAN YOU HELP....... Im trying to do this as CHEAP as possible

camcojb
01-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Get ahold of Scott at SDCE (http://www.sd-concepts.com/)

He has done the Demons and they work awesome; did one for one of the members here as a matter of fact. He also has good pricing on the P1SC kits.

Jody

Blown353
01-13-2005, 09:40 PM
I'm the guy Jody is referring to; Scott @ SDCE did my Speed Demon 750 for my previous blowthrough setup; ran fantastic. Very smooth and rock steady A/F ratio. Perfectly driveable even in stop and go with the A/C on. It was so good infact all I had to do was set idle speed and mixture after bolting it on; I tried playing with jets and airbleeds, but I always ended up right back how he shipped it to me.

He needs a LOT of details on your combo to set it up properly, but the end result is well worth it.

Troy

WELTERRACER
01-14-2005, 09:03 AM
WHat did he charge you?

Blown353
01-17-2005, 05:11 PM
I believe he charged right around $350, can't remember for sure. I had an older Speed Demon with the non-replaceable air bleeds so Scott had to machine the carb to accept screw in air bleeds. If you buy a newer Demon which already has replaceable air bleeds, that makes things much easier. If you buy one without a choke horn, even better-- less stuff to hack off.

Troy