PDA

View Full Version : trunk springs

RobM
01-12-2005, 11:08 PM
i cant figure out how to instal the tortion spring for my trunk lid, does any one know any thing about this?

MrQuick
01-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Its a pita, your gonna need a pry bar, 2ft long 1/2" ID steel tube, spring clamps, a helper and a box of band aids. ahh man the easiest way is to get someone to do it for you. Beyond my brain power to try to explain in type. How about some real nice late model trunk shocks?

David Sloan
01-13-2005, 04:57 AM
Throw them in the trash!!! Get in the trunk an measure the stroke of the hinge. take that measurement to the parts store an get some gas struts. install an be happy :icon_razz

The trunk lid will now stay were you put it at!!!!! :jump:

Hope this helps!!!!!!!

RobM
01-13-2005, 10:35 AM
well looks like im going to have to sceem somthing cool up to keep the trunk open

Tom Welch
01-13-2005, 06:08 PM
You will need to apply torsion to the springs before installing them. Think of it as if the trunk is closed and under tension from the springs. When opened the trunk lid will rotate open when the springs are allowed to release some tension. It is a PITA to install, too.

Kenova
01-13-2005, 06:13 PM
..........and the worse part of it all is that the poor slob who had to install them for a living could probably do it in 30 seconds or less. Do it a couple hundred times a day for a couple of months and you get good at it.
Ken