PDA

View Full Version : Which adjustable rear shocks to go with???

Magntik
10-23-2007, 08:53 AM
I been reading past threads and can't really seem to find one that answers my question.

Is there any major advantages/disadvantages to the different brands of adjustable shocks for a first gen??

I know that the are single adjustable and two way adjustable.
For sake of my lack of experience with either, I think I'm better off right now to keep it simple, and buy a set of single adjustable.

So I see ones QA1, the Vari-shock, Be Cool's new shock,
do they all do about the same job??:dunno:

I had talked to Frank about the regular Hotchkis Bilstein shocks, but I know they are busy with SEMA right now and decided mean time to step up to the adjustables.

The terrible ride has taken the fun out of driving my car right now so I decided not to wait till spring.

Please help me restore the fun factor.

Rantheman
10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I am running the varishock its a very good shock very well built nice quality. I have heard stories of the qa1 shocks leaking down the road but so Far i love the varishocks I have and I have single adj.

Magntik
10-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Thanks, for the info.

I call QA1's tech line and talked to one of their reps. and ended up ordering a set for the rear.
If these work out to my liking I may replace the Classic Edelbrocks up front.

Kent James
10-28-2007, 10:44 AM
:poke: Are you forgeting about KONI Classics. Detroit Speed, Summit,Jegs, etc, all sell them. And they are adjustable. Not really sure what a single and a double adj is/are, but the KONI's are rebound adjustable. turn one way and they are softer the other way they become firmer. dig this http://www.koni-na.com/cat_search.cfm?mt_id=1&my_year=1969&mak_id=10+&mod_id=117+&submit.x=35&submit.y=15