PDA

View Full Version : DC Controls progressive controller tips.

gmachinz
01-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Okay, I've begun shipping these units out finally and a couple things some of you need to be aware of is that this unit totally REPLACES any type of relay or inline fuse for use with a high output fan. Second, follow the instructions and wire ONLY to the battery-not a junction source off the alternator. Brian uses a low impedance filter inside the units and wiring the +12V lead directly to the alt. would fry it. And, if this is to be used with a remote battery install, you must use a surge protector if the length of the battery away from the Controller mounting is over 10 feet. If you need one, let me know. I included a note on this but he is going to move to a full lifetime warranty on all DC Control units as well. Once I realized nothing else is needed for these units other than the fan itself, the price is incredibly cheap! [email protected]

streetk14
01-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Just a question for you, Gmachinz. I should be recieving my 18" electric fan from Brian any day now. It has the progressive controller installed in the shroud. You said to avoid connecting directly to the alternator. On my car, I have a one-wire alternator that connects straight to the battery. If I hook the fan + lead to the positive terminal on the battery, will it be ok? I'd like to avois any meltdowns. Thanks,
Andy

gmachinz
01-15-2005, 07:14 PM
You should be fine with wiring it to your battery. It will only draw what it needs through the battery whereas if you were to run it right off the alternator, it could send more voltage to the DC Controller that it is designed to carry. Your kit should come with instructions too. -Jabin

gmachinz
01-17-2005, 09:50 PM
I still have a few FK-35 kits left if anyone is interested. [email protected]