PDA

View Full Version : A little help, would help

stepinwolf
01-12-2005, 08:59 AM
I am building a " G " machine on a foundation that consists of a 63 Corvette split window coupe, and need help in choosing the wheel size and spacing. I do not want to re-invent the wheel ( no pun intended ), and that is the reason for this first newbie post of mine. in the hope's that someone else has gone through this process before me, with the same model year of vehicle. I am using the complete " Performance Plus # 42000 " suspension system from Vette Brakes, including the off-set rear control arms, and have chosen a set of wheels from " Chip Foose ", but as it stands now, I have no idea what so ever, the maximum size that can be used. I am thinking of installing something around 17 to 18 inches, but no mods to the frame, or wheelwells is to be considered. Any help will be greatly appreaciated.

sunkistcamaro
01-12-2005, 09:14 AM
I wont be any help bec. Im not familiar w/ Corvettes.
But I did notice that in our fitment chart that we have a listing for a 62 and a 69 Vette.
Maybe the guys listed could offer some help, try to PM them.

BRIAN
01-12-2005, 09:20 AM
Be careful as they have fitment problems with the calipers.

astroracer
01-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Check out a couple of wheel sites. Fiske has a nice worksheet to help you with tire/wheel fitment.
When I developed the wheels for my Astro project I worked closely with Bonspeed. Here is a couple of work sheets I did to verify the wheels I ordered would fit...
Of course these are for the front but all of the measurements apply to back as well...
Mark

USAZR1
01-12-2005, 07:33 PM
Even with the offset control arms,a 10" wheel is about the limit on a MidYear. You might try the C2 Forum over at the Corvette Forum for more information.

zbugger
01-12-2005, 07:43 PM
I'd think that Vette Brakes might know as well. It's worth a shot.

stepinwolf
01-13-2005, 01:33 PM
The only help I was able to obtain from Vette Brakes was that, and I quote " you should be able to use 10 inch rims on the rear " unquote. I don't mean any dis-respect but that much I had already figured out, and that's is why I bought them in the first place. As far as the 62 and 69 mentioned previously, sadely they just happen to be at each end of the platform, so all the suspension and body panels are completely different. I have not heard about " fiske " but I would appreaciate the address to the C2 forum that USAZR1 mentioned.

Thank's to all who have taken the time to read my post, and address my concernes