PDA

View Full Version : Saw a Bugatti Veyron tonight

Chad-1stGen
10-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Was walking to my car after work tonight and parked right outside the Disney concert hall in LA was a Veyron.

I'm not a huge fan of the car but it was a nice suprise to see a $1M+ car in person capabale of 250 mph just sitting out front and obviously being used by someone.

NOPANTS-68
10-20-2007, 06:03 AM
damn, hope your phone has a camera on it! That's a rare bird.

Smock67
10-20-2007, 09:53 PM
thats sweet i would love to see one of those in person

Chad-1stGen
10-20-2007, 09:57 PM
damn, hope your phone has a camera on it! That's a rare bird.

It does but I didn't even think of using it until I was like a block away. I debated going back but figured for cell phone quality it wasn't worth it.

TonyL
10-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I followed a silver and blue one down the freeway here in sacramento a few weeks ago. He was clipping along at the speed limit while some guy in a Z06 was trying to get him to go. (he never did blip the throttle or anything. Disappointing.) The Z06 that was messing with him is BAD too. Supercharged, runs what appear to be some kinda shaved R compound tires that look almost like slicks. and loud as hell. I see him all the time. The car is red with flat black trim and wheels. (anyone know him?) The car is insanely fast, and the guy is reckless that drives it. I was looking forward to the veyron handing him his butt, but alas, my exit came up and I never saw him do it.

muthstryker
10-20-2007, 10:32 PM
you should of parked the camaro next to her and taken a pic :P

fishtail8
10-21-2007, 08:46 AM
I followed a silver and blue one down the freeway here in sacramento a few weeks ago. He was clipping along at the speed limit while some guy in a Z06 was trying to get him to go. (he never did blip the throttle or anything. Disappointing.) The Z06 that was messing with him is BAD too. Supercharged, runs what appear to be some kinda shaved R compound tires that look almost like slicks. and loud as hell. I see him all the time. The car is red with flat black trim and wheels. (anyone know him?) The car is insanely fast, and the guy is reckless that drives it. I was looking forward to the veyron handing him his butt, but alas, my exit came up and I never saw him do it.

The guy in the Veryon probably had to stop to put the "High Speed Key" in the door jamb so he could get everything out of the car. I'm not sure how fast they are without the extra key in place...

formula
10-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I'm gonna go ahead and wager that they still haul ass, top-speed mode engaged or no.

Seems to me like it'd be hard to really slow down 16 cylinders and 4 turbos, no matter what you did to it.

Plus, I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect the acceleration as much as it does the handling and speed governors. Granted, the body reconfigures itself to improve its behavior at speed, but i would bet that at "normal" speeds (sub-150) the difference would be marginal at best.

Granted, I'll probably never know for sure.

Young Gun
10-21-2007, 11:27 AM
The guy in the Veryon probably had to stop to put the "High Speed Key" in the door jamb so he could get everything out of the car. I'm not sure how fast they are without the extra key in place...

they go plenty fast with only 1 key..dont worry hahah