PDA

View Full Version : 5 pt. Harness

Dadms
01-12-2005, 06:49 AM
I'm restoring my 69 Camaro which will be used primarily as a weekend driver, to and from car shows, powertour, and an occasional trip to the drag strip. I have Recaro sport seats and plan to install a 6pt roll bar next week. I just received my Simpson 5pt camlock safety harnesses and I'm concerned about the comfort level if I drive the car any distance at all. Can someone tell me if these are going to be comfortable enough for a power tour type drive, and if not, are there other 5pt harnesses that may be better suited for my application. The Simpson's are definitely suited for racing, but thats not going to be my main purpose for the car. Thanks for your input,

boodlefoof
01-12-2005, 06:57 AM
I've got the Peak Racing Equipment Y-type harnesses with a duckbill latch. They are quite comfortable for me. Haven't had the car on more than a 45 minute drive though since putting them in.

Ralph LoGrasso
01-12-2005, 08:18 AM
I'm pretty sure that with the Camlock harnesses you can just run them as a 4pt harness on the street and then attach the 5th belt when racing? That might make you a bit more comfortable?