PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Camaro Shock Advice

barno68
10-18-2007, 02:09 PM
Looking for advice on shocks for a '71 Camaro. I have looked at QA1 (not coil over), but not sure. Anyway, car will be a daily driver and weekend hill runner. I want it to handle well, but still ride decent. Here is what I am working with:

310hp'ish LT1
Eibach front coils
Stock A-arms with poly
Hotchkis rear leafs

Would prefer something that has some level of adjustment, but not overly priced. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Brent

Lowend
10-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Adjustment and not-overly-priced do not go together...

For what you are suggesting the Edelbrock "Classic" shocks are probably the best overall choice. They are nice and firm with an inertia valve which keeps the ride nice over rough roads. The "classics" are actually valved around the Eibach springs

rob07002
10-18-2007, 06:38 PM
i've heard great things about Bilstein.

barno68
10-19-2007, 06:05 AM
Adjustment and not-overly-priced do not go together...

For what you are suggesting the Edelbrock "Classic" shocks are probably the best overall choice. They are nice and firm with an inertia valve which keeps the ride nice over rough roads. The "classics" are actually valved around the Eibach springs

That is interesting, I have not looked at the Edelbrock stuff. I am always leary about companies that seem to expand their product lines outside their normal expertise, but...