PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Aspen Hemi

go-fish
10-17-2007, 05:40 PM
I went down to the Dodge dealership and picked out a Chrysler Aspen. This thing drives like a dream and is just beautiful. I would like to see about a tuner or a chip that won't mess with the warranty. Anyone know of anything? Superchips?

shmoov69
10-17-2007, 06:16 PM
was it a used one? A mid 80's model? ; )

No useful info here! LOL, just remembered the K's!

go-fish
10-17-2007, 06:57 PM
I know it's wierd that now an Aspen is an SUV. You gotta admit that the old Aspen R/T and the 3rd gen Roadrunners were cool in the late 70's. OK, maybe not but at least they were rear wheel drive.
My new one has a watts link and a 3 link with coils kinda set up.

MrQuick
10-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Its a nice box. The Durango's (which they are based off) have had no problems...at all. Power and ride is excellent. Keep track of your gas mileage. Like that big beefy diff cover/watts mount?

go-fish
10-18-2007, 02:55 AM
The gas is going to be killer. I have a TDI for that. I have noticed that the Durango owners I've talked to say that they are completely satisfied but those things are a litle ugly I think.
I ended up teaching the salesman about his product.
Mr Quick, what do you think about the Lifetime Warranty thing? They were doing 0% for 72 months and the Lifetime Warranty sealed the deal on a new one for me. Otherwise I would have bought a used one and just got a higher rate.
The wife was wanting a Volvo XC90 but I think this has twice the balls and drives better too.
What about Chrysler approved intake/exhaust/chip or tuning module?

trapin
10-18-2007, 07:33 AM
It was mentioned in this article as being "on-the-bubble" right now. It is a nice vehicle. I think it's probably safe.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071017/BUSINESS01/710170406/1014&theme=AUTOTALKS072007

go-fish
10-18-2007, 08:29 AM
The Durango plant is going to close. I would assume the Aspen is built there so I don't know if it is safe. I would think it would be a good thing if the Durango got ax'ed but the Aspen stays. Just give the consumer a nice, pretty SUV and not the butt ugly Durango.

MrQuick
10-18-2007, 07:06 PM
The gas is going to be killer. I have a TDI for that. I have noticed that the Durango owners I've talked to say that they are completely satisfied but those things are a litle ugly I think.
I ended up teaching the salesman about his product.
Mr Quick, what do you think about the Lifetime Warranty thing? They were doing 0% for 72 months and the Lifetime Warranty sealed the deal on a new one for me. Otherwise I would have bought a used one and just got a higher rate.
The wife was wanting a Volvo XC90 but I think this has twice the balls and drives better too.
What about Chrysler approved intake/exhaust/chip or tuning module?

I happen to love the lifetime warranty plan. It brings the cars in, which we need.

Read your plan very carefully cause it warns of aftermarket additions.

Rims and exhaust are ok but pull that power programmer out if you come in. We usually wipe em out when we see them. Also stick with the Mopar air induction if you plan on adding one.

go-fish
10-18-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks Vince.

With the sensors in the wheels for the tire pressure indicator, is that an assembly that goes on the valve stem? Most of the wheels I looked up warn that I'll have to use those. I wouldn't want to leave them out anyway but can't I pull the ones out of my existing wheels and re-use?

I was planning on using the Mopar CAI because I have a hook up at the parts counter (close friends wife) with a big discount. The exhaust is up in the air, was thinkin of just replacing the muff with a Magnaflow. Does Mopar have a Durango/Aspen cat back kit? Also, even if I pulled the programmer couldn't you tell it WAS there?

Side note: right now, with 200 mi., it gets about 12 mpg on the interstate according to the overhead display. I have heard it gets up to around 20 as it "breaks in". Aspen owners on the Chryslerforums report that they had terrible mileage until "broke in" and then shot up to 18,19,20 mpg.

MrQuick
10-18-2007, 09:32 PM
We get all our aftermarket rims from Tirerack and they do come with the tire sensors already installed. We just have to program them.

No exhaust kit for the Aspen but the Durango P4510607 cat back is a very nice kit. Should fit fine. Through mopar pn 82209194 is not as loud but is about the set up.
A cat back system will improve your gas mileage as that is the most common claim after a muffler swap. Flowmasters are still very popular around here.

Watch your mileage and see how much yours goes up.

No comment on the programmer. Just be sure to put the stock program back in before servicing.

backtobasics
10-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Superchips is coming out with the Cortex. It will have a 2 year powertrain warranty. There are requirements of course. I would not expect them to have the Aspen covered for a little while. They are releasing Ford first, then Chevy, and finally Dodges.