PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Direct Replacement Calipers 67 Camaro

TheRoaringEagle
01-11-2005, 06:03 PM
I have a 67 Camaro with 69 Camaro disc brakes. I'm not sure if there were different variations on 69 Camaro disc brakes, but I was wondering if Wilwood made a Dynalite caliper that directly replaced the caliper I have now. I believe the 69's have 4 piston calipers.

What kind of setup would you recommend for my application?
I'm in college so budget is at a minimum. I think I can get a way with the setup I have now, which is the 69 disc brakes up front and stock drums in back, I just wanted to upgrade them a little for added insurance. The most I'll do with the Camaro is maybe hit the strip a few times.

Joe_Rocket
01-15-2005, 05:01 PM
If you are not going to go to a larger disk, why not just put your money into another part of the car? The stock calipers may be just fine for how you are using your car.

What other upgrades do you have planned?

BRIAN
01-15-2005, 07:26 PM
If you are thinking about swap you can actually get good money for your old parts. If you have 2 piece rotors that are usable they go for about $150 and up on ebay and the calipers also go for about $100 and up a pair so that gives you a good starting point for your conversion. I know because I threw mine on there for fun and couldn't beleive what I got for parts that were in my trash bin.

TheRoaringEagle
01-15-2005, 11:56 PM
that's pretty cool, it just seemed like a good idea to get some aftermarket calipers cause it's a lot cheaper than getting a whole new setup and the wheels that are large enough to clear them. i actually like my 15s and 16s right now and aren't looking for 17s (the max limit for me) until i can get all my suspension in order.

as for upgrades there's not much. i just wanted a solid Camaro so mostly i'm working on suspension. my rear setup is good for me - i just want new front coils and shocks, and some sway bars. i've got enough power and to be honest i'm not sure if my brakes are great, good, or bad. i haven't had a chance to really test them out since i put them on. thanks for replies