PDA

View Full Version : B&M Quicksilver shifter w/68-69 Camaro Console

67 455 Bird ragtop
01-11-2005, 09:43 AM
Anyone using, or know somone who is using, a B&M Quicksilver shifter with a 68/69 Camaro console in a first gen F-body. I plan to use this setup and am looking for anyone who has adapted these parts to their first gen f-body. Any pisc or install tips would be greatly appreciated.

sunkistcamaro
01-11-2005, 12:24 PM
marknmelb,
I Have a Mega shifter in my 69 with the center console.
I originally had a Quick Silver but never tried to use the console.

Stupidnewbie
01-15-2005, 06:31 PM
I just installed one into my '68 Firebird. You could always switch to a Firebird console, I know others have gotten them to fit without a fuss. It went in no problem, I had to drill three new mount holes in the driveshaft tunnel and trim some plastic inside the console. I'll be painting over the woodgrain eventually, but here's what it looks like right now.

67 455 Bird ragtop
01-16-2005, 05:16 AM
Newbie - Looks good. I just sold my Firebird console. I like the styling of the 68/69 Camaro better. Plus you can use the auto meter gauge pod with the Camaro console. Your set up looks very nice. I have always liked the quicksilver shifter. Looks like it was a perfect fit an dyo didn't need the black mount part. I'm hoping the Camaro console will be about the same size/fit. I'm hoping to borrow one from a friend soon to do some test fitting. Thanks for the pics. The Firebird console is always a fall back decision.

sunkistcamaro
01-16-2005, 05:45 AM
Mark,
Search this website for "B&M Mega Shifter Help " I have a picture of my Mega Shifter in that thread.
I think it will work fine. Do you already order the Quick Silver shifter?
If you dont, you may want to get a shorter shifter arm version (if they offer it). I had the universal version years ago and found that it looked better in my truck (IMO).
Good luck.

67 455 Bird ragtop
01-16-2005, 03:41 PM
Mark,
Search this website for "B&M Mega Shifter Help " I have a picture of my Mega Shifter in that thread.
I think it will work fine. Do you already order the Quick Silver shifter?
If you dont, you may want to get a shorter shifter arm version (if they offer it). I had the universal version years ago and found that it looked better in my truck (IMO).
Good luck.

Thanks. I like the look. I already have the shifter. I used one years ago but sold it when I went to a 4-speed. NOw going back to a TH400 and will use the Quick Silver again.

f355bird
01-24-2005, 09:54 PM
I just installed one into my '68 Firebird. You could always switch to a Firebird console, I know others have gotten them to fit without a fuss. It went in no problem, I had to drill three new mount holes in the driveshaft tunnel and trim some plastic inside the console. I'll be painting over the woodgrain eventually, but here's what it looks like right now. You did a real nice job looking good