PDA

View Full Version : Friggin USPS, thanks a lot!

4birdman
10-12-2007, 05:49 AM
I have my budget set up so I send out my bills on the 10th and the 25th. Two big chunks, just easier and more efficient for me to do it that way. Anyway, on my 10th payment I have three bills that I always send out through the mail. My cell phone bill, my credit card payment, and my loan payment on my Trailblazer.

Well, I dropped them all off at the post office stamped and sealed and all that good stuff.

First I got a call from my cell phone company. I hate them anyway, so I figured they just screwed up. They refused to drop the late charge and were real *******s about it, but whatever, I paid it and chalked up another SunCom misery.

Then the credit card company called and said they never received my payment. Odd, but I figured they are a credit card company and I only owe a couple hundred anyway, so whatever, I talked to them and they dropped the late fee and said it was ok and that was paid and done.

But I totally forgot about the TB payment and to call and check on it. Got a letter in the mail saying I was 17 days late on it. I called and got THAT all taken care of too, they wouldn't drop the late fee, but I was making extra payments on it anyway, so whatever. It was only $5, so what.

But it sucks that all three of those letters got lost. I know I should check and see if they cleared, but I have so much money going in and out that it takes forever to keep up with it. I just make sure I have enough in there and go on my way. Haven't had any problems yet!

Oh well, just a rant. Go about your business. :hammer:

vintageracer
10-12-2007, 05:52 AM
I know you don't want to hear this "however" direct bill pay or internet payments set up for a specific day will lesson or stop this madness!

By the way, I still pay with good ole paper checks in the mail.

4birdman
10-12-2007, 05:58 AM
I started doing bill pay on some payments, but for things like the credit card (which will be paid off next week) and the TB payment I still send in checks. I like to send in the TB payments with the stubs so I can see how much longer I have left!

Bill Howell
10-12-2007, 06:00 AM
I quit the post office in 1986 and since it has just gone to hell.
Which post office? I will call that postmaster and get him on it!

dafabricata
10-12-2007, 06:14 AM
I've been coming up short on my mail as well.....my Grandmother called to say happy birthday and ask me if I got the card she sent.....What Card???....It never came....
I used to LOVE the USPS, especially for cheaper shipping rates and faster more reliable service.....I just ordered some parts for the new project car....hope they make it to me.

4birdman
10-12-2007, 06:18 AM
I've had a few times that the mailman has delivered packages to another house in the neighborhood, which is weird. Luckily I have honest neighbors and they drop them off.

How you can confuse 1428 Amberton with 1428 Deltona is beyond me!

rob07002
10-12-2007, 06:26 AM
I wouldn't complain too much, if you know what I mean...:machine:

69Pony
10-12-2007, 06:26 AM
I get 1877 Birdview mail all the time. Makes me wonder what he is getting of mine.... I live at 1877 Amanda and in a different zip code.

vintageracer
10-12-2007, 06:29 AM
Now we know why the PO went to Hell, Bill Quit!

Steve68
10-12-2007, 06:38 AM
I refrain from using the USPS at all costs, nothing but headaches!!!

John McIntire
10-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Online banking! Works like a champ! I have all my bill set up on the banks website, I just log in and set how much and when to send it and its done! I still get all my statements from the various bills, so I can stay on top of them!
You should look into it, I've been doing it for about 6 years now and it's great!

Chad-1stGen
10-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I wouldn't complain too much, if you know what I mean...:machine:

ha ha ha perfect icon useage.

dropit69
10-12-2007, 03:40 PM
i go thru it all the time with my credit card co ..they have a 20 day billing cycle and it takes them 10 days to get it so i have to make it out the day i get it ..sucks..and have been late 1 time ..i threated to just drop them and they waived the late fee..usps..sucks..we should go postal on them at times..

trapin
10-12-2007, 04:38 PM
All my bills are paid online. My wife and I don't even own a checkbook anymore. We're a 21st century family. LOL!!!

Texas Hotrod
10-12-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm paying as much as I can online these days. That low-card interest can sky-rocket after the first late payment. I too have threatened to close accounts in order to get extra fees dropped.

I'd still like to know who got my parts that I returned to Blower Drive Service. Lucky for me, it was one of those rare days when I actually had it insurred (I always insure now).
I had 2 letters returned back to me last week, they were payments to my parts suppliers. When I went to the lady (the biatch) at the PO, she acted as if she was having to pay for it herself.

Freakin US government, we always get shafted in the end.

rockdogz
10-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Found out recently about 2 bills I never received, so had nice late fees (which I disputed). Dammit USPS!! I'm signing up for online everything ... and dropping the companies that don't support that.

JohnLClark
10-13-2007, 01:13 AM
After the USPS losing over checks totalling over 200 in a 3 week period, I gave up paying by check. In my town I have the option to go to a payment center and pay cash. Only cost a buck per bill and it gets credited to my account in less than 24 hours. I can pay every bill but one and that one, my car payment, I pay at the bank when I cash my paycheck. Been doing this for three years and never had one problem.