PDA

View Full Version : The New LS7 Engine

Cdog
01-10-2005, 08:05 PM
Do you think we will be able to buy them as a crate engine like the LS1 and LS6? How long untill it'll be avaliable? Do you think a person can build one for cheaper? Can you get a Aluminim 6.0L block? Mabey a turbo'd LS6 would be better.

01-11-2005, 05:30 AM
The engine may be made available at some time but they are calling it hand assembled so the price will be high. They will need to release the parts to road race teams eventually, but sometimes they require proof of ownership. To get the parts you will need to be a legit team at first.
Aluminum 6.0 block is available now.
A turbo LS6 would make a good powerplant. I have a 6.0 turbo daily driver. It is very durable and has good power.

Kurt

Cdog
01-11-2005, 10:43 AM
The engine may be made available at some time but they are calling it hand assembled so the price will be high. They will need to release the parts to road race teams eventually, but sometimes they require proof of ownership. To get the parts you will need to be a legit team at first.
Aluminum 6.0 block is available now.
A turbo LS6 would make a good powerplant. I have a 6.0 turbo daily driver. It is very durable and has good power.

Kurt

Thanks for the reply, I guess i'd be better off building my own LS7 engine with the aluminum block and a stroker kit. Who makes the best stroker kit for these. I assume Lunati? Where do you get the block? What head would you use? I guess you'd use a stock type intake and Throttle Body but use a aftermarket computer for the EFI.

parsonsj
01-12-2005, 08:46 PM
Can you get a Aluminim 6.0L block?

Sure can. It's an LS2 block Scoggin-****ey (www.sdpc2000.com) and has 'em in stock. They were selling for $995 at first.

jp