PDA

View Full Version : Project SwingSet--Another Crazy Texan!

n2billet
10-10-2007, 01:03 PM
Hello everybody! I’ve been lurking here for some time and thought I would go ahead and post some pictures of my latest project. It’s not what most would call pro-touring or g-machine but I like to be just a little different. I’m building a 68 Chevrolet truck that will have a full custom frame that was built by Nathan Porter @ Porterbuilt Street Rods. It uses C4 front and rear suspension riding on Shockwaves at all four corners. The rear is set up in a cantilever configuration and the front has been moved forward and in about 1 ½ on both sides. I will be rolling on 20/22 Intro’s when it’s all said and done but for now I’m borrowing a set of Forge Lines from a buddy. I’m going with Wilwoods as soon as get the scratch together. I’m going to do several body mods so I had Carter Hickman apply some digital magic and create a rendering for me ( I highly recommend him). The one pictured below is the first cut, since then we have added more changes and Carter is in the process of waiting on my check to arrive so the changes can be made to the new rendering. As for motivation, I’ve bought a 6.0 and a 4L80e that will be getting new heads and some sort of new intake/induction system (still up in the air). I had the pleasure of talking with Hector and Rick from Ricks Stainless Tanks this weekend at the Fort Worth GoodGuys show and they are going to make me a fuel tank. The fabrication, body work, paint and interior will be handled by Stoked Out Specialties which I work out of so I’m the only one to blame for the slow progress J Well that’s enough rambling, let me know what you all think. Admins: If this needs to be moved to another location on the forum please go ahead and move it.

ssonic
10-10-2007, 01:39 PM
that truck is going to be sick. i wouldnt change a thing. what made you go with "swingset"?

n2billet
10-10-2007, 01:51 PM
that truck is going to be sick. i wouldnt change a thing. what made you go with "swingset"?

It’s a long story but I will give you the short version: We had a young fabricator at the shop that I was talking with one day and told him about the front cross-member that I was going to install in my truck (very nice piece) anyway, he says if it’s not hand built all your doing is assembling a swing set…..so the name stuck and the young fabricator is no longer with us…..

1offwizard
10-10-2007, 04:37 PM
Awesome truck and funny story. That young fabricator wasn't Mike Coy was it? Sounds like something he would say.

n2billet
10-10-2007, 06:24 PM
Awesome truck and funny story. That young fabricator wasn't Mike Coy was it? Sounds like something he would say.

Nope, it wasn't Coy Boy! I hung out with Mike this weekend....

jy211
10-11-2007, 05:49 AM
Looks like it's gonna be bad ass...:box2:

1offwizard
10-11-2007, 05:51 AM
By the way, you guys do some awesome work!

6'9"Witha69
10-11-2007, 05:28 PM
That makes me want to go work on my old truck. Welcome to the site!

n2billet
10-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Snapped a couple of pictures after unloading the chassis from the trailer, it's now ready to go on the chassis table for sheet metal fitment.

GetMore
10-16-2007, 02:51 PM
It sits too low! ;)
That does look bad-ass. I tink you should get the drivetrain in, install some kind of floor and tool around with it. To hell with putting a body on it! Get some video!

1offwizard
10-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Looks good! What kind of lift do you get out of that cantilever shockwave set-up?

LMDGUY
10-17-2007, 06:41 AM
goin to be a sweet truck.. love the color

n2billet
10-17-2007, 07:13 AM
Looks good! What kind of lift do you get out of that cantilever shockwave set-up?

I get about 8 inches of lift in the rear...

ScotI
10-17-2007, 09:24 PM
I get about 8 inches of lift in the rear...

That comment & the fact that your from TX is the kind of stuff some people make into jokes :naughty: .

n2billet
10-19-2007, 03:35 AM
That comment & the fact that your from TX is the kind of stuff some people make into jokes :naughty: .

True and with your statement it swung the door wide open!:smoke: