PDA

View Full Version : new project looking for comments

68fusion
01-10-2005, 06:29 PM
take a look and see what you think...

Thanks,
Vince

quick specs...
68 camaro- and yes it started life as conv. , but just some rockers and firewall when we got it.
C4 front and rear(dana 44) on WD sub...(thanks Wayne!)
2002 ls1
99 camaro dash and seats
2000 corvette rear compartment cover and waterfall
dse tubs and frame ties
vintage air
and a whole lot of stuff we made.. :rolleyes5

nancejd
01-10-2005, 06:31 PM
I love it, that will be one sweet ride when it's done.

boodlefoof
01-10-2005, 06:36 PM
two thumbs up! Looks awesome.

MuscleRodz
01-10-2005, 07:39 PM
Not fond of the suicide doors. However, using the Corvette tonneau cover is a killer idea. That will make for one clean ride. Keep us updated.

Mike

Martin71RS
01-11-2005, 03:54 AM
Most original idea I've seen in a while!! keep us updated!
I like it......

Martin

quadfather
01-11-2005, 04:25 AM
love the tonneau cover. great idea. :woot:

68fusion
01-11-2005, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the quick feed back...either positive or negative ...its the way it goes when building something from personal taste! As far as the doors go, you either love em or hate them. Just thought I'd try a little different game plan, more of a streetrod inspired camaro.

Looks rough now....but please have a little vision... :icon996:

hope to complete before July so updates will be coming soon

Vince

nitrovette
01-11-2005, 07:39 AM
I love the corvette waterfall,gone to be a sweet ride.

mdprovee
01-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Very nice vision. I too like the cover idea.

Mike

colt zantop
01-11-2005, 11:32 AM
yup, I like it, the corvette cover is a awesome and original idea that I havent seen before. keep those pics updated!!!

Restomod
01-11-2005, 05:51 PM
one word SSSSWWWWWEEEEEETTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

1970cuda
01-11-2005, 06:14 PM
looks killer, not excited about doors but everything else is cool. bet you that i will love it when it is done. can't wait

socalfandabodys
01-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Really cool car. Im usre it will get alot of attention especially when you step out of the car with the suicide doors

David Sloan
01-14-2005, 02:22 AM
Very Nice !!!!!!!!!! Me like it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep us posted!

Air Daddy
01-14-2005, 07:13 AM
Love it!
Very unique.
The suicide doors look great!
I don't think most people realize the extra effort it takes to get the doors to open like stock doors instead of opening like a barn door.
Keep the updates coming.

Piet
01-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Looks rough now....but please have a little vision... :icon996:

Vince,

For me, (and probably most of the guys here) I get accused of having too much vision (imagination.... daydreaming...etc...)
Your project looks outstanding ! ! ! :icon996:

I am normally not a fan of suicide door on cars other than Rods... HOWEVER, because your camaro is a 2 seater, it looks OK.
Like you said... you either Love them or hate them. It sets your car apart. Certainly a memorable feature.
I sure appreciate all the work that goes into making that modification.

I have looked at it a couple of times.... and where a two seater coupe doesn't work for me, the 2 seater convertible REALLY REALLY works for me. It is all pulled together by your use of the Corvette tonneau cover. As others have noted, that was a real amazing piece of work. The Covette console really ties the elements together. I do not envy all the work you will need to do to make the convertible tops frame. You inspire me!

I LOVE:
The smoothed firewall
Shaved Handles
Cleaned up lines
Lowered stance
The front suspension is sweet! (NOTE: Wayne... that front end is a beautiful piece of work!)

Questions:
1) RS Front end?
2) Bumble Bee Paint Job?
3) LED Lighting?
4) Halogen front headlights?
5) Can I have a ride?

(Hoping for a yes on all :naughty: )

Nice work.... I love the creativity on this site!

sunkistcamaro
01-14-2005, 11:29 AM
I love it!!
The suicide doors look great!
Cant wait to see more pics

rkcuda
03-25-2005, 07:58 PM
All I can say is WOW

LowBuckX
03-25-2005, 11:06 PM
A testement to how good the Toneau top looks.

I didnt even notice it was a 2 seater till it was mentioned above and then i had to go back and look.
:lol:

vanzuuk1
03-26-2005, 03:21 AM
Love the doors , love the car . Not every pt car should look like they came off the pt assembly line , keep up the nice work.

vanzuuk1
03-26-2005, 03:24 AM
ps they didnt film smokey and the bandit on your property, did they ? just kidding.

ProdigyCustoms
03-26-2005, 05:31 AM
As long as it is not going Black with Red, I love it. Prodigy also has a hard toneau and water fall, but Prodigy is still a 4 seater with four C5 seats. They will make a interesting pair to park together.
Looks like good fabrication work, and good thinking outside the box. Keep it up.

PS What's up with all the TAs? I am looking for a project to duplicate my high school car.

68fusion
03-26-2005, 07:06 AM
Thanks for all the input guys...have some updated pics today?...mabey...been busy working my @ss off to get this thing ready for columbus in july.. :bananna2:

hehehe ...smokey & the bandit...no guy is just a fan of 77 78 ta's..You can still find them in older yards for pennies...one is a HP 4sp car with ws6 , orginal motor still there all for $150... it's a basket case but after fixing several 1st gen camaros now that in the day would have been in the same shape...who knows?

Anybody else going to Columbus in july?....wanting to know what kind of "quality" cars show up...?

Gota goto work ...try ot get some more pics...

kamaroman68
03-26-2005, 12:26 PM
Could you let me in on your secret to smoothing the firewall? I was originally just going to use a dse smooth plate but after holding it up it didn't seem to do exactly what I wanted. I want it as smooth as yours. Anyways took it a step further and basically cut out the whole firewall now I'm afraid I went too far. Your car looks awesome and I wish I had some of your talent. Chris

redcarguy
03-26-2005, 04:36 PM
That is a sweet ride!! I really like the creativity and work to make this truly "one off"...very nice!! I wish I had that level of ability! Keep plugging away…July is getting closer!

BTW -- I couldn't help but notice your affection for old T/A's...G-machines in waiting??

Dave