PDA

View Full Version : need some help here !

leifstong
10-09-2007, 06:50 AM
Hey ! To start with im sorry for the bad english im gonna write , but its no easy for a silly norwegian .

As posted im looking for some help here for my camaro engine , this is my first muscle car , so i have no experience with v8`s , just some minor exp from my last car (svt lightning ) . I bougth my car 2 months ago from houston , so it havent arrived yet . But it has a 454 bigblock , and seems like its a pretty new crate engine , but i want to get more power from it , so i figured a turbocharger og supercharger would do , but after i have been searcing and reading on norwegian forums , this is not a walk in the park . What would be my main conserns if i go for a singel turbocharger . And is my engine suited for this ?

Again sorry if its hard to understand me , but i need all the info i can get around this subject .

DeltaT
10-09-2007, 04:13 PM
You should consider buying Corky Bell's books "Maximum Boost" and "Supercharged!". They have a lot of info in them that will help you decide. Best $40 you will invest. Find a pretty girl to help you translate!

Ya, you betcha!

Jim

shmoov69
10-09-2007, 07:17 PM
Easiest would be a bolt on Procharger kit.

Adam's 55 Chevy
10-09-2007, 08:39 PM
x2 on the Procharger. Get some info on the engine spec and then decide but it will probably run ok with a D1 Procharger on a stock engine.