PDA

View Full Version : Should i paint my regal with primer?!

muthstryker
10-07-2007, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, just relized, im sick of looking at the shotty white paint job on my regal, was wondering what you guys think about me painting it with primer as another member on the site did. heres a picture of my regal... it would just be untill i could get it painted black by a shop.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
paint it primer black and remove vynil top or just leave it alone?

MonzaRacer
10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
OK first of all you need to get the rust spots sand blasted, then strip off all the chrome, and then shoot it with an epoxy primer, do not shoot it with regualr surfacer primer as it is a sponge that will suck up water and cause rust.
and as for Shoddy paint work out the rust spots or your bodyshop wioll charge you a lot more to strip extra paint off.
Generally you can call around and get prices for epoxy primer and you may even be able to shoot it in black to gat a chance to see if it looks good, as for me I would have the body shop you choose look at it first.
BUT if you just slap on some primer you may wind up with rust under your new paint and then it gets trashed as it comes out.
Good Luck

PS oh and if you remve the vinyl top you will have to do a lot of work under it I qguarantee it and it needs epoxy primer there too.

ProBell
10-08-2007, 02:38 AM
Primer works for me