PDA

View Full Version : Project 'Squash'

Boyd
10-06-2007, 03:34 PM
For several months I've been searching for a clean vintage pick up. A truck that I can clean up mechanically, give it a proper stance, a nice set of wheels and tires and use it to make weekend visits to Home Depot, Lowe's, AutoZone, and the local junkyards. I passed on several examples for lacking the right "patina". I want that "grandpa gave it to me and I hot-rodded it a little bit" look. Well, I found the truck! I've searched all over the country for a truck like this and ended up finding this just 3 streets from my house! I'm calling it "squash" because of it's color and because I intend to "squash" it when I redo and lower the suspension. Whaddy'all think?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Smock67
10-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Its got some potential that's for sure. How is it as far as rust goes? I can see the rockers at least need some replacing.

protour_chevelle
10-06-2007, 04:41 PM
factory short box? Keep it. They are getting harder to come by(atleast in canada)

ALLKAR
10-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Looks like it's going to be a fun project!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Boyd
10-06-2007, 05:33 PM
The truck is in very nice, straight condition. It does have rust in the rockers - almost every 67-72 GM truck rusts in those areas. Other than that it is in excellent shape. The doors haven't been cut for speakers and the dash radio opening hasn't been cut - both very rare for these trucks. I will replace the rockers, but other than that - I'm gonna leave the paint as-is.

Boyd
10-06-2007, 05:35 PM
ALLKAR - you da man! That's exactly what I envision for it! Absolutely perfect. Almost makes me want to sell the Cama-------yea, right! Seriously, thanks ALLKAR.

Smock67
10-06-2007, 05:47 PM
so you really are going to keep it as a work truck...with an awesome suspension and engine im going to assume. Sleeper truck hells yeah

LMDGUY
10-06-2007, 08:47 PM
sweet. I just got a 73 C10 3weeks ago.. its already at the bodyshop get a shave and paint job.

Rantheman
10-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I planed on doing a truck like that someday. so deffinetly nice project.