PDA

View Full Version : Shockwaves with CPP LCA's ? 1st Gen

Munster
10-04-2007, 01:05 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gifhttps://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2007/10/6472TCALLarge-1.jpgI just purchased my rear airbar set up for my 69 first gen from GP superstore :) (thanks Serafines) and want to get the shockwaves for the front next. Question.. I have the stock subframe and CPP TCA's, the lowers have the spring mount in them and the shock mounting holes as pictured. will the shockwaves at Air ride tech site listed for the stock 69 set up work for this, with the cutting and notching of the subframe as mentioned in the instruction they have posted on site. ( I can't find a pic of the actual shockwave that fits this application for stock F body's.) I'd already gotten the CPP's before I decide to to go air ride, other wise I would have gone with there strong arms.

Next ? or ... plead for info. The car is getting DSE mini tubs installed as I speak, and then it will have the Airbar. I want to do 18 or 19 X 12's on the rear and would like pics of cars with this size wheel so I can find the wheels I like and order them. So I can do mock up and determine the width I will have to have the rear end done to. My searchs come out to vague on the picture end and anything would be a help. Thanks, Munster

darren@ridetech
10-04-2007, 06:07 AM
Order part # SKW1033, it will come with the swivel stud on the top and the T-bar on the bottom. I've never tried it with CPP's arms, but it should work.

Munster
10-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks Darren..

Would it be a good idea to cut a peice of metal plate the exact same as the mounting surface on the bottom of the control arm where the shockwave mounts to, only to increase the thickness of that area to help on the stress of that being the only mounting point.(two bolts on the cross shaft "T" bar mount for the shockwave)??
I guess if you have done stock arms you would know if this is a problem area. Thanks again, Munster.

darren@ridetech
10-04-2007, 08:57 AM
The T-bar will actually sit on top of the lower arm, instead of underneath like the factory shocks.

darren@ridetech
10-11-2007, 07:38 AM
When we developed our StrongArms we did drop the lower mount down a bit to help the car get a little lower.

Munster
10-11-2007, 06:55 PM
About how much is a little bit?
Receiced my Airbar rear from UPS today, Thanks:yum:
Think the card inside said the name Jason from air ride.

Munster
10-15-2007, 02:43 PM
Ok Darren you made it happen. I put my other arms up for sale and when they go I can put in an order for the Shockwave and arm set-up:yum: . Just tell me they will work with the stock subframe also.:hmm:

Thanks for the help. Munster