PDA

View Full Version : acid dipping

cougarfiend
10-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Has anyone had their car acid dipped? Is it as big a mess as I hear? I am looking for any info that I can get. I have a car I am considering having this done to.

Gordz32
10-05-2007, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't acid only for the reason that it removes paint in area that u will likely not get to or be able to repaint. For example inside rocker panels. Also the acid can get trapped in areas and come back to haunt u after painting. Media blasting is good to but the downsides are getting media into rocker panels and again areas that you won't get to that could get into paint. We had the chevelle media blasted and I spent a couple hrs blowing sand out of crevaces and I'm sure there still some in there. Also finding someone that knows what there doing is sometimes hard as well. The best and easiest and cheapest( If done yourself) is to just use aircraft stripper and when ur done wash( nuetralize) with water and then spray etch it and epoxy prime when ur done.

notsure
10-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Recently had car acid dipped and e- coated, looked good but after car has sat for several months rust is starting to re surface.

bingham72
10-15-2007, 05:27 AM
We just had our car partly dipped, partly blasted.
The body was media blasted .
Then we had the subframe, front clip and core support dipped. Looks great.

trapin
10-19-2007, 09:18 PM
Mine was acid dipped and e-coated about 5 years ago. So far, no rust is showing through anywhere. It depends who does it. You have to go to a reputable place.