PDA

View Full Version : new to boards

texas68firebird
01-09-2005, 02:10 PM
hello, just thought id introduce myself. my name is richard and im restoring an all-original 63000 mile 68 firebird. it sat a while so it is in pretty bad shape. intereior is trashed but body is in pretty good shape now thanks to new front fenders and valence. going for the whole "g-machine" theme without taking away from the car. engine is in the shop getting rebuilt and modded as we speak. bought a gm 4 speed which will be installed with the motor. i am transplanting a 98 firebird interior minus dash, and installing an in car computer system with touch screen controls. will be installing a air ride system in a few months(as soon as i figure out how to grow money on trees) hope to learn a bit from this site and contribute as well.....
thanks!
richard
dallas tx

zbugger
01-09-2005, 03:09 PM
Welcome to the site. Got pictures? We like pictures. Sounds like a great plan so far. What mods are going into the engine?

smittys69
01-09-2005, 04:35 PM
Welcome. Hope you get as much out of being a member as the rest of us

derekf
01-09-2005, 05:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Richard. Got to agree with the others (more will ask) when they ask for pictures. Also need to ask for more info on the in-car computer with the touch-screen.

DarkBuddha
01-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Welcome! Sounds like you've got some fun stuff planned, so make sure to post updates. And like others have mentioned:
:postpics:

texas68firebird
01-09-2005, 09:01 PM
well, i dont know how to post pics and add avatar and such, if you guys will assist me id be more than happy to add some pics. as for the motor, im doing a mild build up, rv cam, forged flat tops, hydraulic lifters, bore .030 over, etc. i dont want to do anything too drastic as it is the original motor. as for the computer, ill be running a laptop under the driver seat, using usb ports to run the dolby digital audio 7.1, external dvd drive in the glove compartment, and running the 7" lcd screen. im having a friend of mine write a program which will allow me to use a digital gauge cluster for my screen saver, allowing me to monitor the motor while not playing with the stereo. thanks for your warm welcome!!
richard

DarkBuddha
01-09-2005, 09:52 PM
The computer sounds damn nifty... As for posting pics, I'll bet it's posted somewhere in these forums, but here's what ya do if you want to host them under your pro-touring.com account:

1. When you post or reply, there is a button labeled "Manage Attachments" in the "Additional Options" section below text field you fill in. Hit the button and a separate little window will pop up.

2. Click a browse button, which will launch a file selection window. Locate the pic you wanna post and click open. Do this for however many pics you want to upload. If the files are too large or you're out of storage space, you'll get some message indicating so.

3. Once you've selected the pics, click the "Upload" button and wait until it shows the files as uploaded. Then click "Close this window".

4. Submit your post/reply and you'll see thumbnails under the post on the thread.

Simple, no? Now post away.

texas68firebird
01-09-2005, 10:02 PM
very helpful....thanks!
heres some pics...crappy resolution, better pics to come. this is after primer, and powdercoating the top end of the motor before deciding to go all the way down. also a shot of how horrible the interior really is.(and wont be for long)

DarkBuddha
01-10-2005, 07:08 AM
Excellent! Looks like a solid project. Not much room in that stall, but I'm still envious since all I've got is the mall parking lot. :(

CliffS
01-10-2005, 10:29 AM
Welcome, always good to see another Bird!!

texas68firebird
01-10-2005, 12:01 PM
youre right, there isnt much room, im working out of an apartment garage...my neighbors hate me!! its enough room to do just about everything though, its just a tad bit more challenging.