PDA

View Full Version : 1st Pic Post Kinda

ViperBlue68
01-09-2005, 12:53 AM
Hey guys this is not my first post but my 1st pic post kinda... I had to get the pics on another website :hammer: I had no luck trying to make em work here :throw: ... I guess I can start by formally introducing myself (so yody dont leave me a pissed off reply) :rotfl: ...I'm J.T. Im in Northern Cali by Sacramento im 28 and am in real Estate the car is a 68 Camaro I bought from the original owner who bought it in So. Cal Brandnew it was a 327 pwr glide car with deluxe interior...Im keepin the car forever so i didnt keep it original myself..so far in the last 2 years Ive put a 355 c.i. motor in it with a TH400, full custom interior,Viper Blue Paint w/ White Z-28 stripes front disc brakes with 2 inch drop spindals 18x8 A.R. TT IIs Vintage Air,Pwr Windows,Pwr Locks,Covans Gauge Panel w/ Autometer Gauges..future plans are for a Gear Vendors O.D. unit, Rear end with disc brakes and maybe some other good stuff I pick up on in here...everyone here has been really helpfull when i have had any questions IT IS MUCH APPRECIATED! heres the link to my pics Ive gotten in the last week or so..

http://hobbystage.net/camaro/jtz68/

Modo Innovations
01-09-2005, 05:50 AM
J.T.

That is one good looking ride. I am really impressed with the interior, custom but very clean. I like custom stuff that looks like it could have come from the factory afew years later. Did you do the interior or did a shop do it? Either way it looks good. How does that Hifonics amp drive those subs? I'm looking for a good 5 channel amp myself. Keep up the good work.

Shannon

Bill Howell
01-09-2005, 06:04 AM
We have already exchanged on another post JT(da) mann! but since this is your formal Hello, welcome aboard. Let me see here, you are in Cal. and work in real estate,hummm, maybe someone here that had a real estate question should call you???? :spank2: :rotfl: Just kidding guys!!
Oh yeah,nice ride!!

ViperBlue68
01-09-2005, 02:41 PM
J.T.

That is one good looking ride. I am really impressed with the interior, custom but very clean. I like custom stuff that looks like it could have come from the factory afew years later. Did you do the interior or did a shop do it? Either way it looks good. How does that Hifonics amp drive those subs? I'm looking for a good 5 channel amp myself. Keep up the good work.

Shannon

Shannon,

Thanks........the interior was done by a shop here in town guys do awesome work! the hifonics rocks :headbang: I have the gains turned down and it pushes everything really good barely gets warm...let me know i'll give u the # of the place its out of L.A. Cali and I got everything new in the boxes almost wholesale...found em on ebay and nothing is refurbished! that was my first question...

socalfandabodys
01-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Hey really nice car. I have a 68 chevelle that I need to get the interior done on. If you dont mind me asking how much did they charge to do the front and rear seats,door panels,console,and headliner. If its worth it I may take a road trip up there.

ViperBlue68
01-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Hey really nice car. I have a 68 chevelle that I need to get the interior done on. If you dont mind me asking how much did they charge to do the front and rear seats,door panels,console,and headliner. If its worth it I may take a road trip up there.

Thanks...I'll hafta look at the breakdown because they did alot of other things other than just the interior installed my disc brakes,a/c,fuel tank,power windows,tilt steering column,all new glass,etc.. i know I paid for about 200 hours worth of their time :seizure: but Im quite happy with their job so its all good :drool: ... but if I remember right they quoted me $3,800 for full custom leather door panels,headliner,console,and front and back seats basically stuff u wont see on everyone elses car..that was what i was after...

TonyL
01-09-2005, 11:58 PM
No. way. Another PT guy from Yuba City. (Im from there myself) Great to have you on the site. Can't believe I've never seen your car around. Do you bring it to IHOP? Where'd you get the paint work done?

ViperBlue68
01-10-2005, 11:26 AM
No. way. Another PT guy from Yuba City. (Im from there myself) Great to have you on the site. Can't believe I've never seen your car around. Do you bring it to IHOP? Where'd you get the paint work done?

Hey Tony...small world huh...Ive been here about 26 years...man has it changed here...anywho...you probably havent seen my car because it has been in the shop for the last 2 years....im sure I will be by IHOP this summer....are you still in Yuba? btw the guy who painted my car is named Mike @ C.A.R.R. Complete Automotive Repair & Refinish...He does good work but You better be patient...I had the bright idea of telling him to take his time and not rush :hammer: when he quoted me 3-4 months for e.t.a. on entire job I dropped the car off May of 2003 it got finished the week before last!! :banghead: minus the 6-7 weeks it was at the interior shop...I think he took my words to strongly :pat:

TonyL
01-10-2005, 12:06 PM
I now live in Natomas, (sacramento to non locals) but i visit home almost weekly. My brother still lives there. He's the one who got me started in pro-touring. Where's CARR at? sounds familiar. I used to work at d.i.ck's body shop(stupid filter) in YC for years. My brother now co-manages Yuba Sutter body shop.

ViperBlue68
01-10-2005, 01:13 PM
Tony,
C.A.R.R. is off of George Washington on Industrial.....Natomas is nice...lots of value in those homes...my sister lives there... :hmm: does Bondo Bob still own ysbs?

TonyL
01-10-2005, 02:41 PM
nope he sold out to magnusson auto. its a corporate owned shop now.

mdprovee
01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Very nice JT. Can I ask who did your interior. I am looking into getting something like your center console and center dash done with a stereo and guages and A/C controls.

Thanks, Mike

ViperBlue68
01-10-2005, 03:40 PM
Mike (MDPROVEE),

Thanks...The Shop is called "COOL CUSTOMS" they are in Yuba City, CA 95991 ask for Frankie Martinez JR. (530) 673-0705 tell em J.T. with the Camaro he did told u to call em... (I hope i'm allowed to put his addy and # on here like this??) :hmm:

:cheers:

TonyL
01-10-2005, 05:14 PM
frankie rocks! he did the interior in the corvair as well. They do awsome work. I'd reccomend them also.

and yes, its ok to post vendor info.

a pic of the seats he did for us. (they came from a junkyard toyota)
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

ViperBlue68
01-10-2005, 09:49 PM
frankie rocks! he did the interior in the corvair as well. They do awsome work. I'd reccomend them also.

and yes, its ok to post vendor info.

a pic of the seats he did for us. (they came from a junkyard toyota)
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
Tony,
seats look great...I agree Frankie's work is top notch! :1st: He gets people from all over goin to him after they see his work...or as my cousin put it his "art" I let him just flow with his ideas only thing I wanted was some carbon Fiber incorporated into it...he made it come out better than I ever anticipated :jump: I'll post some better pix when we get a bit of sunshine...

zbugger
01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Hmmm...... I really do have to go visit my cousin in Marysville again soon. Sounds like another road trip....

TonyL
01-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Heh. Stopping by Cool Customs shop off of garden highway, you are sure to see some bad a$$ rides hanging around. Frankies 55 chevy rules.

mdprovee
01-11-2005, 07:43 AM
Thanks J.T. for the info.

Mike

Jagarang
01-11-2005, 07:53 AM
J.T....Welcome..
What's the extra dimple in the top of the drive door panel just forward of the lock ferrule?? Alarm light???
Did you have to cut the door framework to fit the speaker in the panel, or does the door panel supply the room needed?
I'd like to get a 8-10 inch speaker in my doors but don't want to cut the door in any way.

Thanks...Great car!

ViperBlue68
01-11-2005, 12:02 PM
J.T....Welcome..
What's the extra dimple in the top of the drive door panel just forward of the lock ferrule?? Alarm light???
Did you have to cut the door framework to fit the speaker in the panel, or does the door panel supply the room needed?
I'd like to get a 8-10 inch speaker in my doors but don't want to cut the door in any way.
Thanks...Great car!
Jagarang,
Thanks,
The dimple is the blue alarm l.e.d., the door did not have to be cut they made fiberglass enclosers that contour to the speaker...the speaker is a Boston Pro 6.5 w/ components which is pretty hefty in size and weight but they sound awesome :headbang:

ViperBlue68
01-11-2005, 12:03 PM
Thanks J.T. for the info.

Mike

Mike,

No problem glad to be of help in anyway :cheers:

Ralph LoGrasso
01-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Welcome to the site, JT. Beautiful car!

Wildron
01-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Nice Car