PDA

View Full Version : Free 3D CAD software

Rubes
10-01-2007, 07:54 AM
THis is kind of a tool, so it may be OK here. Found this in my new "Design News" magazine. I know guys are always looking for free cad software. Dont know what other limitations it has other than assemblies are limited to 60 parts. I'm already hooked up with Inventor, so I dont need it, but if anyone gives it a try, let us know what you think;
http://www.cocreate.com/products/ModelingPE-Overview.aspx

parsonsj
10-01-2007, 09:54 AM
Thanks Reuben ... but there seems to be no Mac version.

Bummer.

jp

68sixspeed
10-01-2007, 11:50 AM
I'm not sure if it is still up, but Autodesk was allowing free downloads of inventor, but it would not allow the assembly models; still useful for part designs and the detail drawings though.

wiedemab
10-01-2007, 12:23 PM
JP, I didn't peg you for a Mac user J/K.

Interesting tidbit my IS professor gave us last week was that MS Vista rated the new iMac as the best system to run Vista on by running the Vista's builtin system compatability testing.

I might give this a try. I have some other CAD software packages that I have access to if I need them, but this is a neat option and the price is right!

parsonsj
10-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Brandon,

I'm a "stick it to the man" sort of fellow. :) So I'm a Mac guy (10 months and never going back).

jp

Rubes
10-01-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks Reuben ... but there seems to be no Mac version.

Bummer.

jp
Sorry JP...but I'm not in control of that...just that I see guys post up looking for this stuff sometimes, so I figured I'd pass on what I seen in the trade rags.