PDA

View Full Version : Spy shot of Mark's (Mean69) second gen project.

Steve1968LS2
09-30-2007, 11:08 AM
Was at Best Of Show Coachworks in San Marcos (visiting Penny) and saw them buffing on Mark's Second Gen Camaro. I don't even think he's seen it yet. lol

Car has a nice cage and a three link (of course). Looks like the stock subframe it getting worked over as well.

Maybe Mark will pop in and give us the 411 on it?

The color is stunning out in the sunlight. It's a new Vette C6 color I think.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

MrQuick
09-30-2007, 11:28 AM
looks good. I haven't heard from mark in a while but it looks like he's been keeping busy.

dodge
09-30-2007, 01:13 PM
A sweet looking paint job there...

SIK02SS
09-30-2007, 01:58 PM
wow. very clean indeed :)

BonzoHansen
09-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Very very very very nice.

Is it an illusion, or does the rollbar follow the LH a-pillar much closer then the RH one?

va72mlibu
09-30-2007, 05:38 PM
I thought the exact same thing...must be optical illusion

Steve1968LS2
09-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Very very very very nice.

Is it an illusion, or does the rollbar follow the LH a-pillar much closer then the RH one?

It's an illusion.. a combination of the cars angle and my super wide angle lens.

The cage is pretty nice and the welds are sure prettier than the ones on my car. lol

Mean 69
10-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Steve, you're everywhere. And yes, it wasn't until last weekend that I even got a chance to see it in all of its new glory, it is shocking to see in person. The paint is from a late Corvette, it's called Monterey Red Metallic, I love it. As is typical, pictures don't do it justice at all. In the sun, it is so complex and striking, most everyone that sees it really loves it, it really draws you in. As usual, the guys at Best of Show Coachworks (my very good friends) did an incredible job. The car got basically reskinned, with the exception of the roof, everything is new. The fit that they managed to get out of the panels is terrific, but it needed a TON of work to get it all right, the repop metal was decent but much of it needed significant influence. The nose pieces in particular (repop RS goods) were the hardest, but the outcome was worth it. The rest of the trim is largely stock style pieces, I really didn't want to stray too far into the custom looks, because I am sensitive to it becoming dated and intend on keeping this car for a long time. In fact we deliberated about putting stripes on it for weeks, doing so would make it pop even more, but I didn't want something I thought I'd grow tired of. There is NO question I won't get tired of the color!!

We hoped to have the car ready for this season, but things got in the way. A lot of the plans for the car aren't settled yet, such as wheel selection, but most of it is well underway. It will have a full leather interior, in charcoal. The cage is symmetrical, and fits really tight for as good of use on the street as we could manage, it's an 8 point unit that will have forward bars connecting to the frame. If you know anything about what we do, you'll know that the suspension is the real key to the car. Our signature 3-Link rear, and the front will be a modified stock style subframe, but modified to the point where it will be extremely capable with coil-overs, and a new line of front replacement parts that will become parts we will offer commercially (control arms, coil over conversion kits, modular anti-roll bars), etc. The car has been mini-tubbed using the stock inner fenders, it'll have 275 - 335 RA1 Toyos. Brakes are Wilwood, 14" front, 13" rears.

The engine is a LS2 based block, Darton re-sleeved, 427 ci. It'll use the LS7 dry sump system, cnc ported L92 heads, and a custom sheet metal intake system. We are shooting for approximately 530-550 RWHP, but will do so in a very driveable and civil package. Trans is a TKO-600.

Still a long way to go, and a lot of hard work to do, but now that it has color, it really is feeling like the project has gained a lot of momentum. Should be a pretty cool car, I am super excited about it. Life has gotten exceedingly busy these days, but I hope to do frequent updates on the car's progress. Can't wait to drive the poop out of it!!

Mark

dcozzi
10-07-2007, 12:47 PM
Lookin' good Mark! I agree, do not cover that with stripes. Classy color indeed.

Are you sure that's not just my car with paint?