PDA

View Full Version : Help with weber/dellorto set up

lvrpool32
09-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I have a quad dellorto set up on my car and it is currently giving me issues.
It was running fine, took it for an easy 5 mile trip no issues. I then decided to replace the temp fuelline on the chassis rail I had installed, with a stainless one.
After installing it I turned the key and the rear two carbs started spewing gas from the venturi's (float bowl issues I thought). I took the tops off of the carb's, checked them, reinstalled them and conected the fuel line. Turned the key, pressure was reading a little over 3 psi and it still blew past the floats.
I guessed the regulator may be bad (even though it was only 3 weeks old)So I bought a mallory return type unit, plumbed that in with a 3/8" return line turned the key and it blew gas on all 4 carbs now!! I turned the pressure down to a reading at the regulator of a little over 3psi (the regulator won't go lower) But it still had fuel dripping from the venturi's (just not as much) .
I have them all apart again right now (drying out!!)
I am beginning to wonder if that once you hit these weber/dellorto's with too much pressure and the pump is off, that you have to let the fuel level drop way down in the bowl, so you can then have fuel enter the bowl at the lower pressure allowing the "float bowl needle" to seat.
Hoping some of the old timers that have used these set ups have any ideas.
I am running a holley electric pump, mallory return regulator. The carbs are 48DRLA dellortos on a 396 , solid roller SBC.

Nick