PDA

View Full Version : 73 mustang project

knuckledragger
01-08-2005, 05:53 PM
I am glad to have found this forum, because I will be needing alot of advice on my sons 73 mustang.I been building cars since high school and have always tried to find the compromise in handling/ride quality for my every day rides.The mustang drive train is chosen for reliability not speed.I love my boy and want to teach him to handle it before any perf upgrades happen.I really want input on the suspension,low cost upgrades, whats worked for others,tire and wheel fitment etc.So any way I am 38 an auto mech for 20 yrs, father of 4[masochist] living here in gods country where I can ride my motorcycle 11 months of the year.Glad to be here and looking forward to talking to everybody.

Flynlo416
01-08-2005, 06:47 PM
"Masochist" ?????????????????

Bill Howell
01-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Welcome there knuckledragger,
Just wondering,where is God's country? I thought it was here in east Tn. but I can not ride 11 months a year(not that hard core anymore),so I must be wrong on the location. Just kidding, you will enjoy it here and good luck with the stang and more importantly making those memories with your son(s?). :icon996:

DarkBuddha
01-09-2005, 05:37 AM
Welcome to the board, and nice to have another Ford/Mustang guy here. We're quite few here, so getting the kind of info you're looking for may be a bit harder to get, but there is still a lot to be gleaned from what others have done with their Camaros and other cars. Not to detract from this forum, but if you're looking for more specific classic/vintage Mustang type info, you might want to check out the classic forum at www.stangnet.com (where you'll see lots of folks posting about making handling improvements).

knuckledragger
01-09-2005, 04:50 PM
masochist= 4kids just kidding I love them all and thanks for the welcome.