PDA

View Full Version : anyone put a full frame under a 65-66 mustang

baggins
09-27-2007, 07:43 PM
what the title says... just looking for some pics and a how to on fitting the front end, thanks in advance

jason@gmachine
09-27-2007, 09:56 PM
not yet, but we are working on one right now!

we are in the design stages of something very trick.

Jason

DFAuto
09-28-2007, 08:59 AM
Try to go to powerblock.com and find the musclecar shows that did just this. It won't be a step by step but it will give you some direction. They put a full frame under a 66? fastback for a roadracing project.

jason@gmachine
09-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Try to go to powerblock.com and find the musclecar shows that did just this. It won't be a step by step but it will give you some direction. They put a full frame under a 66? fastback for a roadracing project.

you can look at this build to get the idea but the fabrication is average and the techniques used are entirely out dated and not accurate for a serious chassis build. In one show he is building the rear rails and did not even clamp the rail down to the jig (note that his jig is already very inaccurate so I guess it might not even matter), then he welded it UNCLAMPED. The rail moved 1/2" because of the weld heat, I would have fired my fabricator if he did this. The design of his "chassis" was sub par to begin with. In reality i would never do any of the fabrication techniques that are shown on that show,
don’t even get me started on their cage they built for that chevy!
Jason